my 300 gallon mixed reef recreation diary

bullitr

its mostly only 2" frags with 10 K metal halide lighting on a 300 tank .its not going to be pretty...we will see.

ryancw01

Originally Posted by woody189
http:///forum/post/3065887
Question... did the CC stars ever get an opprotunity to get to any corals, or was it immediately paralyzed?? From all my research, I came to the conclusion that that it would be okay, but wondering what you had to say. Would you recommend it? Any problems for you, other than having to buy stars regularly?
Nope...I typically let them acclimate in the refugium for at least a day so they are a littly stronger when I put them in the display. Want to at least give the stars a fighting chance. I attach the star high on the glass in the front of the tank and the Harlequin immediately will pop out. He will follow the CC all over the tank until he gets his hands on him so the CC will not have a chance to get any corals. They are really smart shrimp for sure.

woody189

Originally Posted by Ryancw01
http:///forum/post/3066803
Nope...I typically let them acclimate in the refugium for at least a day so they are a littly stronger when I put them in the display. Want to at least give the stars a fighting chance. I attach the star high on the glass in the front of the tank and the Harlequin immediately will pop out. He will follow the CC all over the tank until he gets his hands on him so the CC will not have a chance to get any corals. They are really smart shrimp for sure.
THat is really cool. Thanks for the info.

bullitr

i pick up a lot of acropora frags and small colony tonight
i love the green slimmer with blue tips and purple birdnest with
yellow green tip.the tri color and blue tukari still not open up tonight i will try to post picture tomorrow

bullitr

i trade or sell my soft corals for really cheap.i even give purple montipora for free ( worth 80 for 1 inch frag)

bullitr

tonight when the metal halides goes on.
its not the prettiest using my slr because i do not have macro lens
i will try it with my hd camcorder

ha i saw that other thread... that is a MASSIVE tank... where in your house would u have room for something like that? lol Do you have scuba gear?!? you could put almost ANYTHING you wanted in that sucker!!!
but then you would have to weigh the costs...
all the equiptment
lights
plumbing
cabnets
water
SALT!!
rock
sand
PUMPS!!
Reactors!
CO2
Skimmer
If ya have the money i say do it!

bullitr

i don't like to take picture of frags or small colony is like taking the bird before the hatch but as a request..
here is some is some of green slimer with blue tip