my 300 gallon mixed reef recreation diary

i have been meaning to ask you how do you and what do you use to attach all those frags? i am about to attach some frags in my tank by tuesday... they should be completely aclimated by then to the light... do share your "how to......"

bullitr

Originally Posted by Sir Mixxalot
http:///forum/post/3072581
i have been meaning to ask you how do you and what do you use to attach all those frags? i am about to attach some frags in my tank by tuesday... they should be completely aclimated by then to the light... do share your "how to......"
i just use superglue gel and pre drill the rock before attaching it i don't acclimated my coral because i get them from fellow hobbyist using 400 or 250 metal halide and i have both

bullitr

Originally Posted by Sir Mixxalot
http:///forum/post/3072592
so you drilled all the rock before you built the reef? or do you drill the rock as you go along?
i drill the rock as i go along. all of my acroporas are on top so its easier to remove and drill.when i get my 450 i will pre drill all the rocks .

bullitr

go to 99 cents store .i get the biggest drill bit they have/ the same diameter as frag plug and for 99 cent so i do not worry of it rusting. also the have 2 superglue gel for 99cents

aquaguy24

That reminds me I have glue some frags in I bought last week. I love to go buy frags but then so lazy to find a spot and glue them to it

bullitr

pick up a colony of red/ green millipora
a frag of blue millipora
a couple of frags of MURPH 145 DESAWALI acropora
a large colony of yellow tip birdnest.
posting picture tomorrow

fishkid13

How can people get all of these things, well I guess when you have a tank that big you can.

Wait, are we going by asain time? if so those pictures were supposed to be posted an hour ago.

bullitr

i need to learn how to take picture because my skills sucks
but here is some picture
yellow green acropora