My 300Gal In Wall

sudn rsh

Thats a Sweet car is it the twin turbo version? I know this is a fish forum but what other mods do you have done to it? I got an 02 wrx with upgrade turbo and suporting mods with a 6speed swap.
Originally Posted by sw65galma
Thanks!!
Lol there was another huge project I did at the same time as the tank..
Before

After

sw65galma

Originally Posted by SUDN RSH
Thats a Sweet car is it the twin turbo version? I know this is a fish forum but what other mods do you have done to it? I got an 02 wrx with upgrade turbo and suporting mods with a 6speed swap.
Ya its twin turbo,
Right now it's pretty stock, Just new intake pipes for the twins.
Painting and rims is where $4k went. Next is the motor.
And a back seat imported from Japan, as none in the US came with back seats.
I have the downpipe back exhaust sitting on the floor waiting to go in.

sw65galma

Originally Posted by JayC
Awesome tank Sw65!
I wish I had one that big!
Thanks, Although sometimes I wish I stayed with my 15 nano lol

7.3stroker

My brother just sold his car like that. It was a twin turbo too. Upgraded it to twin gretti's with 18lbs of boost 3" down pipe & exhust and had to change the turbo to throttle body pipe over to stainless pipe because the stock rubber one wouldn't hold the boost. Fast car but still wasn't faster than my Big Block Chevy.

A

andretti

Awesome, totally awesome! Even though I'm a car nut, I'd take your 300 gal set-up faster than one can say "???????" I love it when I see people taking the time to do things right, especially when it involves life.
I'm setting up my 300 as I type but there is no way I could tear into a wall of my house. It's not that I don't have the know-how, I just don't have the kahunas! First of all, the wife would display my head on the mantle like I display my tanks! :thinking: And second, I think into the future of what it would be like to fix everything and take apart the set up if we should ever have to move :eek: Anyway, great job and thanks for the play-by-play pictures.
got any other pictures? :confused:

ophiura

The VERY strange thing is that I actually had a dream last night in which a 300g tank played a central role. Some guy had it, but no stand, and I was trying to come up with ways to actually work with it in my current home (impossible space wise). Strange :D LOL

sw65galma

Originally Posted by exile415
you should lower that rx.
Ya i def am, but I'm going to go to 19x10's in the back and 19x9's in the front, then I'll get to see how much space I have left...

sw65galma

Originally Posted by Andretti
Awesome, totally awesome! Even though I'm a car nut, I'd take your 300 gal set-up faster than one can say "???????" I love it when I see people taking the time to do things right, especially when it involves life.
I'm setting up my 300 as I type but there is no way I could tear into a wall of my house. It's not that I don't have the know-how, I just don't have the kahunas! First of all, the wife would display my head on the mantle like I display my tanks! :thinking: And second, I think into the future of what it would be like to fix everything and take apart the set up if we should ever have to move :eek: Anyway, great job and thanks for the play-by-play pictures.
got any other pictures? :confused:
Thanks, it was definately not as easy as I thought it was going to be. I originally wanted it upstairs, but the cost of building a floor to support it was too great. Although my builder says the engineered beams will support it. i'm still weary. I had the electrical all set up in the wall any everything up stairs.
Then we decided to do granite counter tops which added 4,000lbs and after doing some math and figuring the tank was going to weigh 6,000lbs I was a bit weary of having 5 tons upstairs...and we have tons of people over all the time too.
So i changed the whole plans and put it downstairs on concrete. I feel a lot safer.
I'll see if i have any more pics..

S

sinner's girl

ophiura, I'm always trying to find space for another tank, and I think I found some, of course I don't have the money for a new tank and stand, and if I add any more wieght we'd fall through the floor but it's fun to dream.
Great tank. :cheer:

dskidmore

Originally Posted by Sinner's Girl
if I add any more wieght we'd fall through the floor
I worry about that too. I have an over 100 year old house. I was forced to place the tank on an outside wall, as I'm more confident about the foundation holding the weight than those long beams. (The floors on one side of the house are slanted, the other seems level.)