My 36 bowfront video&pics

1guydude

I didnt know where to put this video! Here it is comments, suggestions, or just plain opinions are welcome

meowzer

Nice skimmer....LOL....The only suggestion I would make is add more rock and make the structure higher

1guydude

Quote:
wow cant believe that longnose hawk hasent killed your shrimp yet
ya the old lady says she even seen him clean the hawk! I guess im lucky...i just hope the shrimp grows faster than the hawk!
Quote:
Nice skimmer
thxs i got it from a friend! lol

More rock???? My gf who knows nothin about SW says "u have enough"...everytime i get more lol
So build it taller?

brokendeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///forum/thread/385453/my-36-bowfront-video#post_3380465
ya the old lady says she even seen him clean the hawk! I guess im lucky...i just hope the shrimp grows faster than the hawk!
thxs i got it from a friend! lol

More rock???? My gf who knows nothin about SW says "u have enough"...everytime i get more lol
So build it taller?
ive had my longnose hawk for over a year, and it hasent even grown over a inch from when i first got him. so you might be ok.

1guydude

o im sry to hear this....im looking into a coral banded shrimp for my 10gal. The LFS girl is talking me into a golden coral banded shrimp..... Ive never really seen any agression out of the hawk except for once. He did circles around my fire clown a couple times but thats about it.....kinda kool to watch, they were really tight and fast lol
Love the fish though!!!!!

jerth6932

yep ate 2 peppermint shrimp. wont chance it again.

Mine ate an established skunk cleaner shrimp that was larger then him..... I think he got him during a molt, cause I had Molt n a dead shrim with a hole in his abdomen. They love the taste of shrimp..... on second thought, so do I! :evil:

1guydude

Quote:
coral banded shrimp needs at least a 25g IMO
o wat a bumper. I questioned this myself and asked one of the girls at the lfs....thats why she suggested the golden one, she said they were a lil sm. I have only had bad expierences w/ the managers at LFSs. They seem to just want the money. The younger folks (who actually have SW) really try to help imoe! If u guys disagree of course ill prob just go with a pepp or pair of camelbacks.
On another note, my strawberry dottyback seems to be totally picking on my talbot damsel. Some of his fins are a lil damaged. You guys think it would be okay to acclimate and add him to the 36? Not much of a bioload from him cuz hes .5"!
Jerth who dosent love shrimpys! Dont go eating em though i would think that would be a lil salty lol and crunchy!

nikesb

i, too, once planned on a coral banded shrimp, until i read up on how territorial they can become

1guydude

Tats wat she said...if their were other inverts it would prob hunt them down in the 10.....boy did I have a day nike! When ur right ur right. Check my other thread. Gotta run now but ill be back on tonight. Wat u think about swappin tanks on the damsel?

1guydude

hmm so i prob will go with the pepp or maybe a pair of camelbacks just cuz how tiny they are!

1guydude

I have yet to see any sexy shrimps at any of the LFSs around here! I guess i could call around though seeing as most know me by name now....i could always special request one too. Jerth u crack me up man! I hope my old lady learns something or another as well

meowzer

I "personally" would add more rock....it is your choice though..LOL
I have 2 (or had) sexy shrimp in the 29G....I have only seen one for the last week though
I ALSO had a copperband in the 29g...oh sure it was cute at first...till it started eating all my fish
I use to hand feed it, so I caught it one morning and put it in the 225G AND GUESS WHAT
something ate it.....KARMA YA KNOW LOLOLOL

1guydude

found a place that has sexy shrimp. Problem is its a couple citys away and out of the six they got in TODAY they only have 2 that arent on hold lol......they will prob get more though im guessing and i dont really need anything right now for the 10 lol!