My 4.5 month 75gal Reef. Ideas are welcomed!

the_buzz_m

Here are some pics of my 4.5 month old Reef. This is my first tank, but with the help of the local aquarium store, things are going great.
Pic 1--1 month of operation

Pic 2--Pic taken this morning!

Pic 3--Clown/Anenome Pair #1 (left side of tank)

Pic 4--My new Zoo colonies (notice the out of focus one barely opened in the sand)- I will be glueing them down somewhere tonight

Pic 5--Mr. Shrimp (Had him for a couple of months, just now starting to be active during the daytime)

the_buzz_m

Pic 6--Yellow Leather w/ Clown/Anenome Pair #2

Pic 7--Pulsing Xenia #1

Pic 8--Not sure of proper name of this one, with Chromis

Pic 9--Sump setup

Pic 10--"JB" Jeweled Blenny, Yellow Tang, Blu/Green Chromis

Pic 11-- "JB" My first fish!

Pic 12-- Yellow Tang and Chromis. They pretty much stay together all the time

Pic 13-- This little brittle star came hidden on one of the new zoo colonies. I hope he makes it. I would love to see him grow. As a size reference, he wouldn't spread across a dime.

the_buzz_m

Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated. I would like to start getting more color to the tank.
Thank You!!
the_buzz_man

damselsrck

I really like your corals and anemones! If your chromis ever seems lonely I would suggest getting him at least one more chromis to hang with.

tang3

I love your rock work it looks great! my tank is almost a year old and doesnt look that good. (but then again i am only 15 and dont have a job or a car to go to the lfs) LOOKIN GOOD. i like your tank to it has lots of depth.

reefiness

i woudl say that you should look for some brighter corals like red, green, and mabye a pink if you can find

the_buzz_m

Originally Posted by damselsrck
I really like your corals and anemones! If your chromis ever seems lonely I would suggest getting him at least one more chromis to hang with.
There are actually 3 (three) chromis in the tank right now. The other two stay up toward the top. Those two were just added a few days ago. I originally purchased 4 of them, but three disappeared within a few days. For some strange reason, my anenome on the left seemed to be bloated during those three days also. Hmm, I wonder if that is just a coincidence. I know one thing, the other one stays away from the anenome. Hopefully he will explain the danger to the new ones.
I do have a couple of questions:
Does anybody have some advice on some nice bold colored corals to add?
How close could I place the zoo's to the three leather corals? I believe the tree looking thing is a type of leather coral.
the_buzz_man

harndog

here is a pick of my 75 reef some of the corals I have are the red doughnut lps large finger leather Green star polyps. shrooms of all colors and zoas. those last two and SPS are the easiest way to add a ton of color IMO.

the_buzz_m

Originally Posted by wax32
Looking good.
That brittle star won't grow, that's how big they get.

Is this true, they only get to about half an inch?
the_buzz_man

fedukeford

Originally Posted by the_buzz_m
Is this true, they only get to about half an inch?
the_buzz_man
ya but they multiply like CRAZY, i got 5 a month ago, now i have 25+

the_buzz_m

Originally Posted by FishFatty
how many pounds of live rock is in both of your tanks?
I believe it was 100 lbs I went with.
Originally Posted by fedukeford

ya but they multiply like CRAZY, i got 5 a month ago, now i have 25+
Are these going to be a problem, or will they be beneficial?
the_buzz_man

the_buzz_m

UPDATE: I made a trip to Houston earlier this week. Had to go by a couple LFS while there. Came home with a couple new corals:
Full Shot

Open Brain

Colt Coral (not sure of which type)

and one I left out earlier:

milomlo

Originally Posted by Harndog
here is a pick of my 75 reef some of the corals I have are the red doughnut lps large finger leather Green star polyps. shrooms of all colors and zoas. those last two and SPS are the easiest way to add a ton of color IMO.

What is that in the 3rd picture? I like it