my 435 gallon tank in wall see through upgrade

S

smallreef

OHHH sorry to see your poor acropora bleaching out :( hopefully your friends can get them revived for you and be able to frag some new pieces for you soon...

bullitr

Thanks
But I expected that after my nitrate jump to 50+
I know now I need to check my nitrate and I just order biopellets reactor
I will take a picture in a few days since one of friend ( she have probably the nicest and cleanest mixes reef I have ever seen) trade my of her overgrown easy to take care Sps for my acropora.
Now i been doing weekly 50 gallon water change to help lower the nitrate.

bullitr

Tamarin are already in the tank but I have to put them back to the mangroves because it have a 5" deep fine sand.
The very rare masked shallow tail trio is already in my main tank sump the males are not eating very well yet so I wait until he does
The Red Sea yellow belly regal is not eating yet so I might have to put it on my reef too.

bullitr

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/Dz8uVRT5Gpc[/VIDEO]
Quick video of the acropora depleted tank
Using iPhone 5

jmmj13902

Nice video of the tank.
Quick question: What kind of tunzes are you using and how many? Do you have a wavebox? The water movement in your tank is insane but all livestocks look very healthy. Thanks for your time.

bullitr

Thanks I have 2 6215 and 2 6305
Currently planning to re aquascape and move the powerhead on one side of the tank
I will be installing biopellets reactor and will get some of my corals back.

jmmj13902

Any update? Would love to see some more picture.
Also, can you post a picture of your DIY led fixture? I want to learn the color layout of your, the color is just insane. Thanks

superman

Thank you, Gemmy.
Now all I need to do is get a degree in electronics to build my own LED fixture. :( For some reason, I can not wrap my head around putting together an LED fixture...
Beautiful tank though.
The most exciting part of my electrical engineering degree :)

lilclowns

Hey, just a heads up, I'm gonna steal that tank. ok? Do you still have to do 60 gallon water changes, or am I reading an old post? Would you still have to change it that often with a really good filter? B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. T.A.N.K

acrylic51

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilclowns http:///t/374632/my-435-gallon-tank-in-wall-see-through-upgrade/740#post_3511248
Hey, just a heads up, I'm gonna steal that tank. ok? Do you still have to do 60 gallon water changes, or am I reading an old post? Would you still have to change it that often with a really good filter? B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. T.A.N.K
I do agree that it is a beautiful tank, but curious........
What do yo mean when you say a "really good filter".....Or what do you consider a really good filter........

lilclowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51 http:///t/374632/my-435-gallon-tank-in-wall-see-through-upgrade/740#post_3511280
I do agree that it is a beautiful tank, but curious........
What do yo mean when you say a "really good filter".....Or what do you consider a really good filter........

I mean like not a hang over, but an under the tank filter. Portein skimmer...all that jazz underneath the tank. I don't know how to explain, but I see it in my head. I hope my answer answered your question about my question lol

lubeck

Wow very nice videos. I must say though it is very noticeable of the color loss of most corals. Is it strictly because of the massive bioload and it has finally caught up? There's no doubt you've had a large bioload AND a very healthy colorful coral reef at the same time. Frankly, it's the most beautiful vibrant reef I've seen Why do you think it's changed? Are you going to try to go back to where you were?