My 7 Gallon Nano

kev

How in the $#$^ do you keep your water quality under control??? Thats WAY too many fish for that tank, how do you manage???? :confused:

zack schwartz

Plum
Very cool tank. Plum keeps his tanks very well and some may hve seen his big 260 tank (I think). Anyway plum share your serects LOL.;)

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Hey plum, how long have you had all those clowns in there and how do they get along?
Nice little tank.

plum70rt

Well lets start off with This tank That I pretty much built,
I cant take credit for the tank itself, and the Cabinet, the lights filteration, Skimmer are all me Its a 7 gallon with 72 watts of PC, 2 custom sealife fixtures with reflectors 2 4 inch fans,
Tank stays at 80 Degrees all the time, 50 Watt heater,
10 lbs rock Fiji, and Fla Rock, 10 Lbs of LS, 100 gallon per hr pump, Lee air wood stone is used to power the bubbles for skimmer, I get 16 Ozs of junk in a cup every day out of it, ther are 2 timers on lights and skimmer, and has Green and Blue Moon lights at nite, this little tank rocks
water stays very good Quality with 1 Gallon per week Water changes, Clowns are in there a week were given to me,
I currently have 2 Clams in there, A leather Coral, Pink Zoos,
4 brain,coral, colt coral, Xenia,Gorgonia,green star polups,Red mushroom Blue Mushroom, tonga mushrooms Trumpet coral feather dusters, Coral Banded shrimp, green serpent star, turbo snails, blue leg hermits,any further info needed feel free to ask:)

justinx

WOW! 16oz a day is an awful lot! My 20 doesnt even come close to putting out that much in a week! Is the skimmate really thin, or is there some substance to it? The crap that I pour out of my skimmer cup at the end of the week has a slight viscosity to it. Not really thick, but definitely doesnt pour like water.

plum70rt

Melody My Dear I dont mind at all, I cant take Credit on the tanks wood frame its Real Oak, not Veneer, I found the empty shell at a Garage sale, Missing lots of Items to make it work right, the stand I found at walmart, also Real Oak, matches real nice this tank gets more attention in my Home than the 262 gallon!!

plum70rt

:) Thanks I did luck out , I knew I would make this something Different when I first saw it, If you havent seen it already this was the 3rd Place winning tank at the FMAS show , I was up againts 30 and 40 gallon tanks, so I dont feel bad, next year look out, I only had it up and running 2 months,

plum70rt

Id like to add that this little tank is closely monitored there is very little margin for error, the ph is always being adjusted, lots of evaporation, small tank , big responibility:)