My beginnings

S

shrimpy brains

What do you need a heater for?? What is the tank temp? Breathe!

jaodissa

it sits at 74 with no cooler or heater. Cooler made it 67 degrees though and it doesn't have a temp control on it so I put a heater in there to make the temp 7- which worked but then I remembered that the heater needed a guard so I took both out. I ordered the control last night at 2 am LOL but it wont be here for a few days! Crap Crap CRAP! Im so unprepared! Why didn't I think of this before 1 am! AHHH

S

shrimpy brains

Can you put the heater in the HOB filter? If not, I would just turn off the chiller till you get the control for it. You could add a fan blowing across the surface. You will have to kep up with evaporation, but the fan should drop the temp a couple of degrees!

jaodissa

I tried but it doesn't go up to the min. water line :( I sent an email asking if I could have it next day shipped.

jaodissa

I have 5 of the most beautiful babies in the world!!!!!
They are acclimating as we speak. I have kindermusic with my son and will let them out of the bag after that! Be back in 1.5 hours everyone!!! Haa they are gorgeous! I swear one is pink and has the cutest face ever! No matter what it's always gonna be a girl to me haha. I hope they all do well. My heart is already so attached!

jaodissa

Im kinda worried about one of them :( I think he might have been pinched during shipping or something. He has a little strange white patch on his belly. He is also thrashing around the tank poor guy. Im uploading pictures and video right now and will post them as soon as they are done.

jaodissa

Is the white patch in the middle of his chest something bad? It looks slightly concaved also. He's up off the ground and on a hitch right now though so thats a good sign!

S

shrimpy brains

i am not an expert, but I am going to go with the white spot just being part of his coloring. Also, this action on the bottom of the tank is not unusual after being shipped and put in a new tank.
If he(i think) is hitching now, I think he'll be ok.
Of course, you could contact Dan and get his opinion, which I am sure is mch better than mine.

Nice video, by the way, I gave up doing pics of my dwarfs as I find it difficult to get a good pic of them on my cheapo camera!
Congratulations, you're a mama!!!!

jaodissa

Well I guess if thats just his color his name will be spot :p He is the largest of the 5 they sent me!

This one is pinky! And you can tell why LOL! Shes not as pink as this picture makes her to be mut it's not far off.

No name guy so far. He has a ton of the hair stuff. (No idea what it's called sorry)

The one on the right will be itty-bity. Im guessing he is super young. You can almost see through him from a side view.

No name so far also. Super shy but was the first one to eat!

More pictures to come after dinner!

jaodissa

I also want to say Abbi and Dan are great at what they do! I have talked to Abbi so much. She was the first person to know they were in the tank and what was going on. She just said to keep and eye on them and let her know how thins were going. I called her maybe 5 mins after they were in the tank LOL!
I only ordered 4 of the ponies and they sent me an extra one just because and I thought that was awfully sweet too! I love my horses and am thrilled to be apart of there world now!

teresaq

Very cute. The big yellow male looks prego.
The hair on that ones head is Ciri. Hope they do good for you
T

jaodissa

Thats the one I thought was dying LOL! Well I guess if there are babies in 10 days Ill let you know. As long as they stay alive I don't care! Your sure hes a boy?

teresaq

Yes, the yellow is a male, the pink is a female, the other three I cant see thier bellies very good.
T

jaodissa

These little guys are hard to get pictures of lol! I have one who swims all over the tank but the camera isn't fast enough and he blurs. (Hes the one I thought was shy) Well this little guy is one of the ones everyone talk about liking flow. He swims into the HOB flow gets pushed around and does it again.
He's so cute! (It might not be a he but Im going with he as far as his personality is concerned lol)

jaodissa

My 4 little guys all hang out in the same area and the big yellow male is always by himself. Think its normal for ages to be separate? They were quiet irritated @ me this am I think. They all wanted to food and wanted it right away. I think Im gonna have to feed right before bed also.

jaodissa

I think I have 2 pregnant males. They both have the same bulging odd shaped tummies. The only difference is there size (one is half the size of the one posted) and the belly has what looks like a transparency to it. Im assuming it's his coloring though. I guess we will know in 10 days if they are or not.

jaodissa

I think this ones a girl. What do you think? (Ciri one) Picture may be to hard to tell. They are all kinda blurred. Sorry.

Pregnant yellow male

3 ponies (1 is the pink one whom changes color often other two never come out)