My beginnings

S

shrimpy brains

Don't know, I have one with a "bumpy" belly. Just seems to be the way it is. Will try to get a pic of it for you tomorrow.
Glad all is going well so far for you. Your ponies are beautiful!
So is your tank. I love all the colorful hitches.

jaodissa

Ah I think I lied about him being pregnant LOL! I saw him and my pink female courting! (Or at least I think thats what it was) The male was following the female around the tank and keep shaking his body. Every now and then the female would do the same. It was the cutest thing ever!!

jaodissa

2 pretty dumb questions...
1. Are dwarf seahorses more active around night time?
2. How do I know if they are happy? Is there anything to notice if they weren't?
(K I guess that was 3 questions
) Camera Charging and I will post more pictures.

jaodissa

Seahorses are doing wonderful! I love watching them and there little interactions. early morning and early night they are the most active with one another. Its amazing to watch them grab on to one another. I have two that are always dancing around each other. Its so neat to watch. My largest male and smallest seahorse are so funny. When I try to take a picture they turn in circles on whatever hitch they are to get away from me. Little buggers. For being so small they do have huge attitudes.

S

shrimpy brains

I'm glad they are doing well. They are a delight to watch!

jaodissa

We had two babies this am :) As soon as I saw them I feed they were stretching out as far as they could to eat. They act like the adults from birth. Thats just so neat!! Heres a picture of one. (cropped and lightened to see a bit better also)

jaodissa

Yeppers eating great to I might add. They almost chase the food down lol. I found 1 more this evening so the count is 3. I had to do a water change and knocked over the hitch everyone was in so Im hoping I didn't scare any to bad.

S

shrimpy brains

I am soooo jealous!!!
I can't believe you have babies already!
Congrats! They are adorable!!

jaodissa

AHHHH! These baby seahorses need some fear instilled in them! I have one that swims all over the tank. Doesn't he know hes to little to be venturing about? The filter almost helped the rock eat him for lunch!!

S

shrimpy brains

Yea, when I got mine, they were babies. Just like children, they are more adventurous and like to test thier limits. They are a blast to watch!!

jaodissa

My hubby named this guy nabisco. Three babies still alive and doing great. The dad is pregnant with another batch already. I think we should have some more in just a few days.