My DVR is looking a little thin, what does yours eat?

aquaknight

It's going to be brutal when summer rolls around, but for now, anyone have suggestions for new shows that they watch? Right now my DVR is set to record;
Pawn Stars
Top Gear
Community
Modern Family
Tosh.0
Modern Marvels
World's Most Expensive Rides (on HDTheater)
Street Customs
Bullrun
The Soup
That's not everything I've ever set to record, just the stuff I remember from the Upcoming list for the week. I'm not really a 24/Lost person. I saw the Spartacus thread, and will toss that in there to see it. Have full Directv so have all the channels..

jemshores

I love Pawn Stars...and the American Pickers too! They drive around to obscure places and ask to dig around in peoples' old barns, etc. Not always welcome though! Monster Quest is great, as is United States of Tara. Dexter in the fall...Direct TV is awesome, always something to watch. Nat Geo, ID, etc. Those are a few of my favorites...

bionicarm

Dirty Jobs and Deadliest Catch should be back on soon. Deadliest Catch will be a tear jerker at some point, since the have to announce Captain Phil's death.

stdreb27

There is always all the stuff on the history channel too, like Dogfights (I think they're rerunning old episodes). But at this point of the year, baseball comes on in my house and stays on...

fishtaco

I agree that if you like Pawn Stars you will probably enjoy American Pickers. Since we seem to have similiar tastes you might want to check out Meteorite Men and maybe Mantracker.
Fishtaco

fishtaco

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3241612
There is always all the stuff on the history channel too, like Dogfights (I think they're rerunning old episodes). But at this point of the year, baseball comes on in my house and stays on...
It's been way too long since I have seen a new episode of Dogfights. Don't watch much baseball on tv, but nothing better than going out and watching the local single A team on nice summer evenings or if I can get tickets, going and watching the OSU Beavers play a couple times in the spring.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by Fishtaco
http:///forum/post/3241830
It's been way too long since I have seen a new episode of Dogfights. Don't watch much baseball on tv, but nothing better than going out and watching the local single A team on nice summer evenings or if I can get tickets, going and watching the OSU Beavers play a couple times in the spring.
Lost
CSI
Deadliest Catch
V
Flash Forward
Law & Order SVU
And for the wife only...
Greys Anatomy
Private Practice
Desperate Housewives

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Fishtaco
http:///forum/post/3241830
well there is nothing like being there, but I got spoiled and worked for the grounds crew, so I have a HARD time paying for tickets...

meowzer

tv stinks these days...my list
Lost
Desperate Housewives
CSI Miami
CSI
I watch Idol cause nothing else is on
And that is about it.....

el guapo

I'm going to say what everybody here wants to say but doesn't have the brass buckles to say.
PIT BOSS... Thats pure comedy genius right there . A midget and dogs bigger than he is. I saw one where he threw down with this Gangbanger that thought he had stolen his dog. "Shorty"a.k.a Pitboss, Get shoved down and the "fight" is on
. It was so overly staged that it was down right sad. A fully grown "

[hr]
gangster" fighting a midget and nobody even got a scratch out of the deal... Times are rough on the mean streets

aquaknight

American Pickers, I really tried to like. I watched the first couple episodes, but it just seemed way too fake and scripted. They always had this wonder story built up for whoever's place they were going, but then they get there, and the person is usually a few eggs short of a full dozen.
Baseball, I will watch a Marlins game or a big riviary game on Fox, but that's it. Usually can't bring myself to watch one recorded.
Also watch a ton of How It's Made,Extreme Engineering, etc. I've really been meaning to record a bunch of the Mantrackers to get into it, now that ManVsWild is over.
Originally Posted by EL GUAPO
http:///forum/post/3241867
I'm going to say what everybody here wants to say but doesn't have the brass buckles to say.
PIT BOSS... Thats pure comedy genius right there . A midget and dogs bigger than he is. I saw one where he threw down with this Gangbanger that thought he had stolen his dog. "Shorty"a.k.a Pitboss, Get shoved down and the "fight" is on
. It was so overly staged that it was down right sad. A fully grown "

[hr]
gangster" fighting a midget and nobody even got a scratch out of the deal... Times are rough on the mean streets
Pit Boss,
I can't watch for reasons you mentioned. If any of it was real, his 3-foot 100lb ass would have tossed threw a couple windows already.