My final tank...(I think)...33 Long Rimless

bronco300

Well....figured I'll post some pictures of what I hope to me final tank setup and don't get too addicted again and spend too much money...hahahahaha....but really, I think this will be my setup for good if goes well. It is a 33long that I had to take off the top trim to repair and then just left the trim off and used a couple glass braces so I could leave it off. After doing plenty of water tests and left water in there, I felt safe to start setting it up inside....here are the "specs"
33 Gallon Long Rimless
-DIY drilled 1.5" drain/1" return on back
20 Gallon Long Sump
Equipment:
Vortech MP10
QuietOne 4000 return pump
Reefkeeper lite basic controller
Lighting will be ecoxotic stunner strips (will actually give a decent par rating)
Heater (of course)
Not much too it, and there won't be too much equipment to it...I am not one for all the gadgets like reactors, skimmers, etc...and so this will be the same for this one too. Only reason I have the controller is because I got it for an amazing deal. Right now I just have some sample LEDs that was given just so I can watch the beauty while it's clean ;)
This tank will be primarily a zoanthid tank. I love them and want to get some really nice exotic colors this round, not the general run of the mill ones (hint hint if anyone has some great ones, let me know)
So here we go....here are some starter pictures...I just got it running last night so it is still foggy, but I love the look so far. The sump is very messy right now because I have the old nano system setup right in front till i can transfer the livestock from there into the new tank....so for now it'll be messy.

nikesb

i see that you said stunner strips from ecoxotic, do you mean the panorama modules? the stunner strips dont give off great par or any at all really.

bronco300

Thanks...and I actually do mean stunners...when you get a little bunch together they actually do very nice. Have them over a nano tank right now and has great par rating...of course its not as spread out as it will be over this, but I have some things up my sleeve if I need more :)

nikesb

hmm, i tested out stunner strips and got less about 50 par out of 3 them together at 4" under the surface. They also dont show up once my t5's are on. in the end i went with reef brite strips and they still show up even with 6 t5 bulbs on

nikesb

oh and btw, check out my rimless as well! we're starting to get a couple of rimless people in here

bronco300

I'll have to check it out!
and I'll have to test the par once on this tank...but on my other nano tank I was getting mid-100s-200s half ways down with 4 of them (two whites and two blues)

spanko

Good to see you back Bronco. Too bad about the big plywood monster but this tank has some real potential. Also like the minimalist scape. Following along.

bronco300

Thanks Spanko!....it is too bad, but I'll live :) I've been tempted acouple time to build another plywood tank on a different scale, but figured I better not spend the money again at this time. At least this a similar sizing on a small scale...48x12x12. Hopefully will be a sweet setup..I thought about going with a natural looking setup (green zoos for the top of the tree looking piece, brown on the trunk...blue zoos for a strip of river, gsp for some grass)...but I think it might be a bit more work that what I want to do right now :)

bronco300

Here are a couple more pictures with the stunners on...I'll have to show some par ratings too...the stunners, as I figured, aren't as nice spread out (which over a cube tank they were great)...but with my sample led I have, and another I think I'll be getting...I should have really good intensity. =) I'm pretty pumped with how the tank looks with the strips.

al&burke

Call me stupid - but is that your LED lights just over the tank, man that looks great - nice set up what are you going to put in there.
Al

bronco300

lol, I would love to have some more dwarfs if I had the want to do the brine hatching ;)
And yes, it is just the LEDs...I think they make the tank look sweet. This tank will be mostly high end zoanthids if I can get my hands on them...and then a pair of clowns, bangaii cards, and purple fires I think.