my first 125 gallon tank

hello everyone i started on my first big tank, well big to me at least i know that this is nothing compare to some of the tanks here. but i am super happy about this build so its 125 gallons 6 feet long 18 inches wide by 23 inches high.in total it stands 53 inches with the stand.. i was thinking about a canopy but I'm not sure some people say that when i have lights that it will get to hot and I'm not sure if i want to have that problem on my mind all the time...
so here we go i have a 30 gallon sump, coralife super skimmer its rated for 220 gallons. so far i have 3 hydor power heads one is 850 gph,600 gph and my fave is the 1400 gph..i think i want to add one more but not sure yet, I'm also thinking of getting the hydor wave maker.
i have the hydor heater for external canister filters witch is so sick i love this heater..i didn't want t be always just wondering if my salinity was rite so i went and purchased a refractometer..
so far my only issue is my over flow box i have two of them, i hate the suction cups I'm always worried at night and when I'm at work that there going to fall off and I'm ganna have a mess of water every were. is there any way that i can fix this to avoid this problem?

S

smallreef

Have you had any luck starting your siphon for the overflows???

Looks like a good start. A 125 is one of my favorite tank sizes. Keep us updated on it. 
hey thanks so far so good I'm super happy but super worried at da same time i dont wany to mess anything up...ill keep up the updating

Have you had any luck starting your siphon for the overflows???
I do have the water flowing now, the siphon part was not difficult. What I am having a hard time doing is making the overflow box stay in place.
The suction cups are just not doing it, I constantly have to be adjusting them.. I have this adhesive,# 16 they say its really good and safe for fish.. I'm thinking of using this adhesive to glue both overflow boxes together..but I'm just not sure the adhesive works really well I have already put two pieces of acrylic together and I can not take it apart..
Do u have any suggestions on what I should do?

sweatervest13

Looking Good!!
I am not any help with the HOB overflows, but I am sure someone on here will be able to help. Was it a big price difference for a drilled Reef Ready tank??
I say go for the wavemaker. You should be able to pick one up for about the price of a powerhead. I had one and 4 Evo's (1400gph) and it moved a lot of water in my 125. You will like it.
Keep us posted!!

Hey Thank you. But here is the thing, when I went to buy the tank the guy only have acrylic.. I'm not a big fan of acrylic I don't know why I just don't like it..and he told me that I was ganna have to spend Hella money on trying to find sum one to drill thru glass so now I'm stuck trying to do this..
On my 55 gallon setup my over flow never really gave me so much trouble every 3 months I would replace the suction cups. I thought to my self well no worries ill just do the same with this tank. But wow I stick my hand in da tank and the box start to come of due to more water rushing in so sudden..

sweatervest13

I like glass too. You can always drill it yourself. Bit you got the overflows already. So I am sure you can make it work. I tell ya I never have much luck with suction cups. They always seem to come off. Maybe you can modify them and use some strong magnets.