my first 125 gallon tank

oooo my god i didnt even think about that thank you.i think i should be able to make this work with the numer 16 adhesive and the magnets.im feeling much better now lol.
so you really like the wave maker? i didnt pick it up that day cuz i thought maybe it was ganna be a waist of money..

hey this is kinda my list so far for the fish i want. im wondering if this would be ok.

• bicolor angel

• annularis angel

• blue tang

• black tang

• purple tang

• sailfin tang
    emperor angel
    powder blue tang
    blue fin angel
    puffer
    saddle back butter fly
any help would be great

sweatervest13

oooo my god i didnt even think about that thank you.i think i should be able to make this work with the numer 16 adhesive and the magnets.im feeling much better now lol.
so you really like the wave maker? i didnt pick it up that day cuz i thought maybe it was ganna be a waist of money..
I liked mine. It could alternate on and off (one side on and the other side of the tank off). Or all on then all off (both sides on then off). Then you can adjust the frequency from a couple of seconds to 2 hours. It also has a feed mode to turn all PH's off until you put the unit back in to what ever mode you like.
You can use a power strip and plug in more then one. I used two power strips with two 1400's on each side of the tank. I ran mine all on then all off, 2 minute intervals. I would switch it up and go left side on right side off sometimes.
HTH's.

sweatervest13

hey this is kinda my list so far for the fish i want. im wondering if this would be ok.
  • bicolor angel
  • annularis angel
  • blue tang
  • black tang
  • purple tang
  • sailfin tangemperor angelpowder blue tangblue fin angelpuffersaddle back butter fly
any help would be great
I am no expert but I would say that that stock list is a bit heavy.

Wow that's great ok fore sure I'm ganna get one.. as for my fish list, I thought it was kinda heavy so I'm ganna have to pick out the ones I really do want.
But that's like all of them lol.

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles Tang http:///t/392916/my-first-125-gallon-tank/20#post_3492343
Wow that's great ok fore sure I'm ganna get one.. as for my fish list, I thought it was kinda heavy so I'm ganna have to pick out the ones I really do want.
But that's like all of them lol.
The wave maker gives you some control and you get more of a random flow. I liked them a lot. For $250.00 you can get 4 Evo's (1400gph) and the wave make. That's half the price of a Vortech MP40.
Now, I have since upgraded to the Vortech's (got a great deal for some barley used units) and love them. But I did have to save for a year to get them. The wave maker bridged the gap nicely.
For the stock list. Me personally in my 125g I am going to do 2 tangs max (Flame Fin tang n{have now}, and Powder Brown {still waiting to add a full year later}). The list you have is mostly show fish. I would pick a few and then look at some smaller schooling fish. It's a process making a nice fish list. Lots of folks here can help give you advice on what works and when to add them.
Do you have the tank running now?? Cycling?

nice thank you for all the great advise. this is so exsiting im having a blast lol. but yeah i do have the tank running. its actually cycling rite now

i didnt work today so im ganna test my water and work on my stupid overflow boxes hahaha

ok so i did a water test and here are the results

• pH 8.2

• ammonia bethween 0.50 and 1.0
    nitrite is still at zero
    nitrate looks like zero also
i also tested phosphete just to play around some more lol and i got zero ppm
so i would say so far so good getting there little by little
now it is time for me to fix my problem with my over flows. here i go wish me luck, i already spilled at least like 5 gallos of water and belive me i dont wan any more..

Ok so i got one overflow box curing right now, I'm ganna give it about two days to fully cure. Then ill do the same with then other overflow box..I hope
This solves my problem..I feel good about this, the glue is very strong so I'm keeping my fingers crossed..

sweatervest13

sweatervest do you have a fish only tank or do you have coral?
I have a reef tank. You can search for some of my threads.
I bought a used 125g, it was a standard tank, not drilled. I looked into getting overflows and drilling the tank. I found that no glass shops really wanted to drill a tank. So I looked into a DIY and found for about $100 more I could buy a reef ready ( drilled on the bottom glass with an acrylic overflow)so I resold the tank and bought the RR tank.
I would do it all over again if I had to. A drilled tank gives me a safe feeling about avoiding floods.
I know you are too deep in to your build to go back. I am sure you can make it work. Keep us posted.

wow i really wish i could have found a tank like that and glass. so i put one of the overflow box back on, so now it is all glued together. its really strong and its holding on really good..

I don't know what lights to get. one guy at my LFS said to get 2 36 inch lights. then another guy said to get one just one 72 inches. so i don't know what to do. also I was looking at the leds and did some research. but I'm not sure about how much are those ganna raise my electricity bill.I had t5s on my 55 and i really like them.

S

smallreef

It sounds like he is pushing you towards a t-12 fixture... i wouldnt bother.. Id either get a power compact or a t5, it really depends on what you want to keep in the future or if you want to upgrade later... with a 6ft tank there are alot of choices...
personally Id get a multi bulb fixture.. firstly it gives you more color options... with one long bulb you are stuck with one spectrum... with 2 or 4 you can have different bulbs for each if you wanted...

well on my 55 i was really happy with my t5s and with the kinda coral i was able to keep. i did want to put clams but i know the t5s would not do, so i would have to get MH but i also don't want to have to pay a 200$$ electricity bill..would leds hold up clams and would my bill just as expensive as having MH?

S

smallreef

Leds run cooler (as long as the heat sink is appropriately sized) and are alot LESS expensive to run, BUT the upfront cost is ALOT more than MH...
you an keep a clam with t-5's It just depends on how deep your tank is...

like i know it can be done i just don't want it to be struggling for light, and then have it die on me. i want to do it right so later i don't have regrets. I'm really like the leds, darn i don't know what to do.

great news! I have both of my overflows back on. i am so happy, the glue seems to be holding on really great. I really feel like now i can sleep at night and go to work with out having to worry about it lol.

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles Tang http:///t/392916/my-first-125-gallon-tank/20#post_3492989
great news! I have both of my overflows back on. i am so happy, the glue seems to be holding on really great. I really feel like now i can sleep at night and go to work with out having to worry about it lol.
HECK YA!!! Nice work man!!
I hope it holds and you have many years of worry free SW tank enjoyment.
What else do you need to do to the tank?