my first 125 gallon tank

mr. limpid

Luvmyreef, disagree is fine, maybe the blue legs will leave your snails alone. I have a 135gal. FOWL mixed red and blue leg with snails (had plenty of empty shells) and now I have more empty shells and no snails. Currently in my 20gal reef I have 2 certh and 1 turbo (Mexican), 1 blue legs hermit (put in as a test) snails are still alive (about 9 months now). If you want a good crab to eat algae off of rocks and will leave your snails alone get an emerald.

luvmyreef

LOL. The last emerald I had, developed an appetite for polyps. I can only speak from past experience with the dwarf blue legged crabs mixed with turbos, marg., and trochus snails. I have never mixed them with nass., etc until now. I added some and will see what happens. :)

reefr

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyreef http:///t/392916/my-first-125-gallon-tank/60#post_3496777
LOL. The last emerald I had, developed an appetite for polyps. I can only speak from past experience with the dwarf blue legged crabs mixed with turbos, marg., and trochus snails. I have never mixed them with nass., etc until now. I added some and will see what happens. :)
my emerald threw, LITERALLY THREW a colony of zoas!

spongeycrab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles Tang http:///t/392916/my-first-125-gallon-tank/40#post_3496723
lol as I am reading this I'm going like dam!dam!dam!dam! and more dam! But thank you for taking the time and helping me out I really do appreciate it..$600 for a black tang wow that's alot of mula.. My LFS here sells them for $350 I'm maybe thinking if its possible I would like to do just one. So now i have to rethink my list.. As far as for my CUC i still don't really know what I should go with..Any ideas? thank you
Your very much welcome and some fish I would recommend if your going for a reef are:
Royal Gamma

Minimum Tank Size
: 30 gallons

Care Level[/b]: Easy

Temperament[/b]: Semi-aggressive

Reef Compatible: Yes

Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025

Max. Size: 4"

Color Form
: Black, Purple

Diet
: Carnivore

Either or though because They'll fight.

OK so ill a variety of them and alot of empty shells..If I start to see that the crabs are eating the snail ill pick out with ever ones I like more... Great another hard decision lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongeycrab http:///t/392916/my-first-125-gallon-tank/60#post_3497023
Your very much welcome and some fish I would recommend if your going for a reef are:
Royal Gamma

Minimum Tank Size
: 30 gallons

Temperament[/b]: Semi-aggressive

Reef Compatible[/b]: Yes

Water Conditions[/b]: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025

Max. Size[/b]: 4"

Color Form[/b]: Black, Purple

Diet[/b]: Carnivore

Either or though because They'll fight.
Awesome I love them!!

spongeycrab

Also some very interesting creatures are the goby and pistol shrimp pair. There are many gobies that will pair with the shrimp but the most popular is...
Yellow watchman goby

Temperament[/b]: Peaceful

Reef Compatible[/b]: Yes

Water Conditions[/b]: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.023-1.025

Max. Size[/b]: 3"

Color Form[/b]: Red, White

Diet[/b]: Carnivore