My First BioCube!

nanomantis

Originally Posted by zoie2
http:///forum/post/2949700
I think they might eat or bother coral. I know I wanted one and there has to be a good reason why I didn't get one. If you want a coral tank I don't think you want an urchin.
I could be wrong though. anyone else know for sure?
You will be fine with a pencil urchin or a blue tuxedo. I have the former in a125 and had the latter in a 75.

bdhb12

I may have mentioned it earlier but I want a couple of clowns but with my stock lighting could I put any anemone's in there for them?

spanko

Not a good thing to put an anemone in with the stock lighting. You can always try some euphyllia sp. like; E. divisa Frogspawn or E.glabrescens torch coral. There are no guaratees in the clowns hosting anyway, and quite frankly they do not need to in order to be "happy"

spanko

Okay percs are Amphiprion percula false are Amphiprion ocellaris.
There is a difference in the number of dorsal spines. Amphiprion percula have 9 or 10 and Amphiprion ocellaris have 11. They also have a difference in pectoral rays. Amphiprion percula
have 16 and Amphiprion ocellaris
have 17.
By the way the dorsal fin is the one on the top towards the front, the pectoral fins are the ones on the side behind the gills.

bdhb12

Well here are today's perameters
SG 1.024~25
Nitrate 5-10ppm
Nitrite 5+ppm
Ammonia 8+ppm
Ph 7.8
Should I worry bout my low PH or will it go up as the cycle continues/finishes?

redsea

Originally Posted by Bdhb12
http:///forum/post/2941871
Just got my bioube cycling & some Pics! I would Like some opinions on My aqua scape!
front

right side

left side

I have a fudge w macro algae but am unsure what Kind will have pics of it soon. What do You guys think?

nicely done! great job! the rockwork looks great!

bdhb12

Hey, I'm having a somewhat big problem here, salt is leaking out of the lid of my BC29, how do I stop this????

bdhb12

It's leaking out of the lid seam where the lid meets the tank. It's been coming out and leaking down the sides, just the salt though no water, there is alot of it too.

bdhb12

Holding steady at 1.025 I can wipe it off but it builds up quite fast overnight and is a big annoyance. can I place any kind of seal around the lid to stop it and allow me to remove it easily? And is you feeding lid kinda hard to open and make a loud pop when you open it?

bdhb12

I have decided to get a sally lightfoot and 2 emeralds, think it's too much. Oh and I saw a electric scallop you need to get one! I will when I have an established tank.

nissan577

dont get sally foot. ive read some dont even look at algae. if you want something to care for your algae get nass snails, and turbos.