My first tank

bigarn

Very nice job......Do you have any problems with algae on the glass? I also have a 10 gallon and I'm constantly cleaning it.
My levels are all good.

clown_nut

is that a blue background? Also what kind of lighting is that? watts? type? I also have a 10 gallon that is/was loaded with brown algea. Purchased hermits/turbo/urchin to help get rid of it and that urchin and Turbo are doin a great job of clearen the rock and sand...though the glass still needs attention quite badly. Have Coralife quad tube 96w 50/50. By the way your tank looks great!:joy:

duke jjz

Yep.. Blue background. The light is a Current USA Dual Satellite. It has 1 Dual Daylight Lamp (6700K & 10,000K), 1 Dual Actinic (420nm/460nm) and 1 Lunar Light. Its a great light but the only complaint is that the fan is a little loud.
As far as algae, I do have some brown algae, but the cleanup crew does a decent job. I have 2 Camel Shrimp, 2 Turbo Snails, 2 blue leg hermits and a crab.

duke jjz

OK.. here is the update... Added a Brain Moonstone, Cup coral, some tree coral, a few more inverts and a small purple pseudo (who is hiding in the picture). What you think?:thinking:

duke jjz

Its live sand. I bought a big bag, so not sure exactly how much is in there, but i would say that its about a 2.5" - 3" base.

laddy

How is the maroon clown doing? The reason I ask is I'm on the bubble as to what to replace my damsels with, Perc. or Maroon.

wocka

go with a maroon. they are much active and alot easier to keep than percs. also not as picky with there food. i feed mine pellets only and hes healthy

duke jjz

My Maroon is doing great... very hardy fish. He is very active and has a great personality. Eats like a pig and doesnt bother anything in the tank. Go with the Maroon, you'll love him! :happyfish

wocka

he would probly get 3.5" in that size of a tank, but in something bigger they can get up to 6"