My First Tank

whitemike

This is my first salt water fish tank ever. I have 2 firefish, 3 hermit crabs. 1 Emerald Mithrax Crab, 2 Margarita Snail, and 2 Super Tongan Nassarius Snail.

whitemike

10 gallon. I got 20 gallon filter, nano protien skimmer, some heater I forget what, 20,000k bulb, and a small water pump.

jhawk

I'm looking at a 20 gallon setup now just to play around with till I can get the 180 up can't start it till March

whitemike

I replaced the nano protein skimmer with a filter pad filter with a built in protein skimmer which I run at night and run my carbon 20gallon filter all day. I added more stuff just let me get some new pictures.

bill109

Originally Posted by WhiteMike
I replaced the nano protein skimmer with a filter pad filter with a built in protein skimmer which I run at night and run my carbon 20gallon filter all day. I added more stuff just let me get some new pictures.
hey mike what kind of fireifish are those guys, they almos look orange and i love em'
so whats the secret? did you buy them as a pair?

whitemike

Well I got them at *****. LOL Yes I got them at the same time. One of them is a leader and the other one just follows him around, but they hide a lot they just like to come out when Im not looking and when I feed them.

whitemike

The reason they are orange is because I have 20,000k bulb which is a strange light and then was a fresh bulb in that picture.

reeftank27

what kind of light are you running...if you dont have a high light system that clam will surely die...i would recomend t5 or mh's even vho will work

whitemike

Well I ordered a 70 watt MH with moon lights and has built in cooling fans, so it should come in on tuesday, but thanks for telling me I needed a new light I didn't want my clam to die. I also took back that coral banded shrimp cause he took a bite out of my coral. So any suggestions on a new shrimp? Maybe bumble bee shrimps?