My FOWLR 55 gallon tank diary, first saltwater tank.

socks002

I'm ordering a pre-made canopy, i just need to paint it myself. Tomorrow i should be ordering my first ecoxotic par38 bulb. excited to see that too.

socks002

and yep, i got a star, not shure why, but i did. Now its in the tank. acclimated it for like 3 hours. i hear thier hard too keep alive and expert only.....oops. o well. Im not taking it back. the LFS is an hour away.

socks002

They wont take returns anyway. hopefully it will be ok, but by the sounds off it, I'm not experienced enough to have one. wish i had known that wile i was at the store, wish the lady there would have told me that, but you know, she was just trying to make another dollar. but i guess that whole ''research everything'' rule
didn't cross my mined at the lfs.....

socks002

It looks cool though. The firefish are pretty fish, i like the purple and red design on there fins when they are spread out, cant see them most off the time lol.

rainbow grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks002 http:///t/387322/my-fowlr-55-gallon-tank-diary-first-saltwater-tank/220#post_3425178
and yep, i got a star, not shure why, but i did. Now its in the tank. acclimated it for like 3 hours. i hear thier hard too keep alive and expert only.....oops. o well. Im not taking it back. the LFS is an hour away.

starfish hard to keep alive nonsense i have about 3 or 6 months and there fine i have six legged version of your starfish.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow grouper http:///t/387322/my-fowlr-55-gallon-tank-diary-first-saltwater-tank/220#post_3425391
starfish hard to keep alive nonsense i have about 3 or 6 months and there fine i have six legged version of your starfish.
3-6 months is not a long time.....most stars slowly starve and it could take a year or more.....I had an orange lickia in my 225G that I also thought was doing GREAT....had it a year...and then...well....it slowly started to deteriorate....