My Humble Abode

jlm

Beth thanks for all the great info. I am going to order the remora skimmer with the mag 3. I wish I had read this sooner because I acually sent back a mag 500 today. I ordered it to do a sump and then changed my mind so sent it back. oh well. I'll try it with the mag 3 for awhile and see if I need to upgrade to the mag 500 for my birthday. I think I may get the box too. I really can't see it in the pic. Maybe I can get my gsp or some xiena to spread on it. I also thought I'd get the one with the drain fitting to so I could have it run into the bottle under the tank. Here is a shot of my tank at the end of april. I'll take some new one tomorrow. It's changed a lot. Thanks again. Jenny

beth

Administrator
Staff member
JLM, you can order the Remora WO the Mag3, and instead, just ask for the 500. It is the same size as the 3 so it will still fit into the pre-skimmer box. There are places online that will switch out the pumps. The pre-skimmer box for the RIO and the MAG are different, so be sure to order the right one. Also, it may shock you how much space this box takes up so find out the exact dimentions beforehand to make sure that you can include it into your tank.
Here is another old pic [Very bad pic!]. The box is on the left of the pic where the little PH is. You can see that it is more covered with coraline than the back of the tank. It is pretty big.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, nice job with your 72 bow. You made yours more dimentional than I could. I didn't lean the rockwork against the back galss, it is clear all the way around.

jlm

Thanks. I tried to put the rocks in so they would be clear from the back but I ended up with about two of them touching the back wall. I couldn't get the rocks stable without it. Would you mind e-mailing me with the place to order. sharkbait@onlineok.com Thanks so much. Jenny

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Again, thanks all for the kind words on the tank. Its great being here to share experiences and our pics!
JLM, as a moderator here I can't really be sharing store links with members, but if you search around you can find a store that sells both the mag5 and the RemoraPro. When you do, just email them and make a deal on switching out the mag3 for the larger version. Good luck!

B

bildotang

The colors in your tank are amazing. It's the best bow tank that I've seen. Great Job!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
:D Again, thank you all for the comments. My head is swelling!:hilarious

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to see you, Ryan. How do you like my photo skills? The little camera has certainly been given a work out since I've had it!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Well, got a new Canon G6 for Christmas, so I'll start posting up some more shots. Doing a lot of practing here. I am interested to see how the old 2pix camera does against this 7.1.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
My blue ric which I mounted about a month ago on river rock. River Rock makes mounting rics so much easier using a dap of gel superglue. Also, its so weighty that it doesn't fall or blow off easy.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you can frag just about anything with the right tools. I am not a frag expert, though. You could probably work a tool in between the polyps of the sun to slice through the skeleton. These corals are a bit delicate, I find, though.

flatzboy

Originally posted by Beth
Blue rics are gorgeous but not the easist rics to keep. Mine don't seem to like brighter light.

Nice tank! I noticed the same thing with the blue rics not likeing light. Mine seemed to try to move underneath my liverock.:D