my latest fish food

C

calvertbill

Our local Club make a variation of the which uses some freeze dried ingredients, shrimp, whitefish, calamari, broccoli, spinach, nori, other algae sheets, mysis and a bunch of other things we throw in the food processor and from there into a 20 qt. mixer. My tangs love it!

D

deadfish9

I have been using a similar recipe for about six months. Mostly clam with some whitefish, scallops, shrimp, nori, and a touch of salmon added.
I also include some frozen angel since I like to include some sponge for my emperor. Does anyone know of another way to add sponge to the food? Can you add some dead sponge into the batch, or is there no nutritional value once the sponge is dead and dried?

jackri

Hmm I have 80lbs of halibut and ling cod... a couple pounds for fish food in a batch wouldn't be a bad idea :)

chilwil84

i have been doing a mix like this for a year or so. the one thing you have to be careful of is adding to much mussel to the mix cause it tends to have high phosphates in it.

snakeblitz33

You also have to be pretty accurate on the amount of oyster you put in the mix. Oysters are too fatty, and may give fish liver disease. FWIW.

scrapman

Love the idea of making my own food.
But how and where to but all these ingredients in small quantity?
Give me 5 shrimps, 3 oysters, 5 mussels and 3 ounces of white fish...... is not what Safeway, Giant or other grocery store want to hear!!
Thanks

mr_x

i do that every time. as a matter of fact, today i bought 4 scallops, 4 shrimp, some squid tubes, a small handful of fresh clams, and a piece of cod about the size of a credit card from wegmans. they wrap it up with smiles on their faces. they get paid by the hour. what do they care?