My LFS wants me to be poor....

btldreef

We did a big coral trade with a fellow hobbyists tonight and right after he left, one of the LFS's near us calls.
He carries a lot of high end pieces as well as your normal stuff.
The message:
Friday, Saturday and Sunday everything in the store will be 40% off including ORA. It's like he knew we got paid this week. So much for that paycheck! :flame:
Anyways, between trades and this sale we got:
Purple Plasma Staghorn
Orange Digi
Blue Hornet Zoanthid colonies
Blue Pocillopora
Plum Crazy
Candy Cane colony
Unknown stag (metallic green polyps, my husband knows the name)
Sunny D zoanthids
Red People Eaters
Pink and Gold palys
Green Bay Packer Zoanthids
Peach skirts zoanthids
Forrest Digi (I think that's what it's called)
Tyree War Coral favia
Dragon Soul favia
Random acan frags
And a bunch of un named zoanthids
We have been contemplating an Achilles Tang lately. The store had 2 for $200. I'm tempted to pick one up since it will be 40% off and I really like this stores fish quality. I know he's had this guys in copper for at least 3 weeks as well. Thoughts?

travelerjp98

I say go for the tang! $100 is a good price for an Achilles....
...and I want to see pics of everything else that you got!

btldreef

Have to try to catch the stupid hippo tang if I want the Achilles and the hippo is being a jerk. I think it knows I don't want it anymore, lol. It keeps nipping at my blueberry gorgonian :flame:
I'm also afraid of aggression between the Achilles and my blonde Naso. My Naso is my baby, if she got hurt, I'd NEVER forgive myself :-/ she literally will lay in my hand if I put it in the tank.
Pics by end of weekend hopefully. We are super busy this weekend.

S

smallreef

Im waiting too,, I have to live vicariously through someone.. and you're a good choice this week!

travelerjp98

LOL... doesn't everybody on this site spend too much money on coral? OR at least too much money on SOME form of SW "stuff"?

btldreef

Of course, but with both husband and wife being in the hobby, it can be a real danger to the bank account. Especially close to the holidays.

travelerjp98

Haha... It is better to have one in the hobby and one not in the hobby so the one that isn't in the hobby can somewhat control the one that is in the hobby.

S

smallreef

Well isn't it better that way..then you both can just buy things for the tank for christmas for gifts for eachother,lol

btldreef

Lol
At Christmas, we just put bows on the tanks for each other.
I'm beginning to think that asking for a diamond necklace just might be cheaper!

spanko

Thanx TommieLynn. Please get a picture of it up when you can as I have not seen a blue one before. Also you know that, especially with the led light and the controls you have over them, do not be surprised if this coral spawns and you find little babies all over the place.

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko http:///t/389278/my-lfs-wants-me-to-be-poor#post_3439548
Thanx TommieLynn. Please get a picture of it up when you can as I have not seen a blue one before. Also you know that, especially with the led light and the controls you have over them, do not be surprised if this coral spawns and you find little babies all over the place.
No prob. You've helped me out so much, it's the least I can do. It's a tiny piece right now, but I am hoping that it grows quickly.