My New 120

mrdc

Originally Posted by sleasia
mrdc..no tail problem now with the hippo...now that he/she has learned to steer clear of the blue face...
crox...Even though I love the blue face, I would have to say she is nasty at meal time. She actually makes a Popping noise when she tries to tail nip others away from the food. When I first heard this noise, I thought something was malfunctioning on one of the pumps...then I realized it was my blue face...getting blue in the face over her "wanting to share" tank mates. The weird thing about her is she is a good 4" and hasn't changed yet...

Wow, I can't beleive you said that. My dominos literally hated my yellow watchman and always have. The watchman finally found safety in the overflow box but I finally was able to get rid of one damsel so I finally put the watchman back in and rigged the overflow box so he couldn't go back in. When I put him back in, the last domino went straight after him and I heard that popping sound after time he attacked. I didn't know if it was the domino or the watchman yelling for help :scared:

sleasia

Stanlalee...I have a new 150 glass tank and have just made a single corner overflow you can diy if you like...I have pics in the equipment threads...some members talked me through making it.

stanlalee

Stanlalee...I have a new 150 glass tank and have just made a single corner overflow you can diy if you like...I have pics in the equipment threads...some members talked me through making it.
Yeah I've been watching the whole process but thats too scary for me
I was with you until it came time to make the teeth and mount it lol. Besides I've already bought all the plumbing and return pumps for two. I just dont need 1000gph going thru my relatively small sump (25x12x16).

sleasia

Yeah...its definately scary stuff...but these equipment thread guys have created a monster...now everyday I'm in my garage with my Ipod on drowning out the hum of the drills and saws, having a blast.
Today I finished building the frame for my 150 diy stand. My kids come home from school and call out mom!!! I can't even hear them...Is this mid life crisis??? Is that what this is?? :scared:

crox

Is this mid life crisis??? Is that what this is?? :scared:

Yes it is!!!

crox

Slesia
when do you want pick up the rock? I'll be in Newark next week and if you want I can meet you somewhere.

sleasia

Ok...let me know what you're selling it for and how much you want to sell...I have a van and can just stick a trash can in the back and come get it...I can meet you, come to brooklyn, or whatever.. I go through staten island alot anyway since I used to live there. sleasia@comcast.net
By the way, I started thinking that even if you do set up a qt, you probably don't want live rock in it anyway...it wouldn't survive hypo...

crox

Ok...let me know what you're selling it for and how much you want to sell...I have a van and can just stick a trash can in the back and come get it...I can meet you, come to brooklyn, or whatever.. I go through staten island alot anyway since I used to live there. sleasia@comcast.net
By the way, I started thinking that even if you do set up a qt, you probably don't want live rock in it anyway...it wouldn't survive hypo...

I have approx only 40lbs and I wanted $100. The LR in a QT is not a good idea.

sleasia

OK...sold...I will need a bunch of regular live rock to seed the diy rock anyway. Just let me know how you want me to pick it up.

sleasia

m,w,f, I can be there anytime after 10 am....tue and th I can be there anytime before 6 pm. Whatever works for you ....email me the where and when. I don't mind going to brooklyn either. sleasia@comcast.net