My New 24 JBJ Nano Cube

blazin2k6

So wonderful advice everyone. I really appreciate everyones input and everything else you had to say. Ill try it out and see how it works. Hopefully it won't destroy my zoos or anything like that. ALSO Does anyone have some advice on how to frag a Kenya tree ? Am i able to slice the branches off in the water or do i need to take em out of the water ? But it seems like when i slightly touch it, it retracts and turns into tiny branch that i couldnt cut. What do i do ?

blazin2k6

Nah its some type of worm. I havent figure it out yet. Cant find anything on worms that build burrows like this and actually attach things together. Its puzzling me but definately not a Mantis.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by fish2
http:///forum/post/2662127
do you think this is a mantis?
Looks like a shrimp goby of some kind and a bristle worm.
The full tank shot is sweet.
I dont know what the topic marin coral dip has in it. But I always do an iodine dip on my corals. 3 minutes in a heavily saturated iodine and SW solution and thats it, put it into my tank. So far so good.

iyachtuxivm

Originally Posted by Blazin2k6
http:///forum/post/2661527
So wonderful advice everyone. I really appreciate everyones input and everything else you had to say. Ill try it out and see how it works. Hopefully it won't destroy my zoos or anything like that. ALSO Does anyone have some advice on how to frag a Kenya tree ? Am i able to slice the branches off in the water or do i need to take em out of the water ? But it seems like when i slightly touch it, it retracts and turns into tiny branch that i couldnt cut. What do i do ?
I do a fresh ro dip about 45 seconds. Never used anything else and most of my stuff is happy. I just got caught up everything looks great!
I love Acans, yours is wonderful. If you spot feed it like that it will get huge the polyps anyway, they grow slow. That could actully be a micromussa too. Kinda the same the only diff is in the skeleton more "teeth" or some such nonsense. I would also be afraid to frag the acan you really need a wet tile saw, and you have to be carfull not to cut the polyps.
Take the kenya out to cut it its a "leather" it will be ok. But they dont like super glue find another way to attach it!
Anyway great tank, thanks for the posts on mine!

nwdyr

after you cut it , in or out of the tank is good , then cover it with a veil netting. you can buy it at a craft store. I got mine at Michael's. Don't know if you have them there
anyway put it on a piece of rock , cover with the netting and rubber-band around the frag ,so it is just on the rock and make sure the netting is not too tight over it. Just tight enough to hold it down on the rock. Then just leave it in the tank for like 1-2 weeks and check it . It will attach itself to the rock and wallah!!

blazin2k6

Thanks everyone for the comments. And thanks for the fragging help iyachtuxivm & NWDYR. Here are some more pics i took today. Hopefully i can get some good shots of my zoas i got today tomorrow since they didnt want to act right today. Hopefully they will be ok and not die on me.

nwdyr

Hey Bro, those look cool! I almost bought some today that look just like the ones in pic #2 on the right. they are pink right? The orange ones are really bright!

blazin2k6

Thanks for the comments guys. Yep NWDYR they are pink and greyish like colors. More pretty than the pics. Those on the last pic i dunno what they are. Somethat i just got in. Got more prettier than that in also but cant get no pics :(

blazin2k6

Ok i am gonna THUMP my BLENNY in the head in a moment if he dont leave my zoo frags alone. HE STEADY KEEPS BITING AT THEM and knocking em off the rocks :( AHHH. I finally moved it after a day of steady putting it back in the same place over 20 times now. Guess it was too close to his resting spot. I think he has OCD or something. Anything near where he sits in the day and he knocks it off or bites at it. CRAZY BLENNY. GO SERENA WILLIAMS IN THA WILBLEDON AND GO SPAIN IN EUFA 2008 ! WOO.

blazin2k6

ok so i got a new micromussa last night from the lfs. Here are pics. I had to go buy some type of coral to get me out of my depression from the money i spent on all these zoanthids from an unnamed site that have not been doing great at allllll. I SHOULD NAME THE Freakin site just to be mean but i aint gonna do that. But here are my micromussa shots. Hope you guys like em
He wasnt looking good at first when i put him in tank. Gave him some food about 20 minutes after getting him into tank.

now here it is today. Doesnt it look so healthy now.

blazin2k6

Thanks for the comment. I am beginning to love these acans and micromussas as well. I love any coral i can feed and watch grow. Its awesome ! And i got a great deal on these too

nwdyr

You are getting some really cool stuff!! forget about that "other" site! that sucks taht you got burned , but you'r tank looks great and the other new stuff is way cool
You about ready for another tank soon with all that new stuff

nwdyr

I just hit 1000 posts
Just wanted to do it on you'r thread
I really need to get a life!!!! talk to ya later Bro

blazin2k6

Yah bro, OUt of ALLLLLLL THE FRAGS I GOT ACTUALLY ONLY 1 HAS LIVED. The others are steady melting away. I have already did an iodine dip and i dont know what else to do :( I am just hoping it doesnt effect the zoos i already have. I bought want to just toss em down the sink or something :( VERRY UPSET AND DEPRESSED ABOUT IT. and i bought want to name the website. Well i aint even gonna do that but ima do this it starts with an r and ends with d.
so if anyone reading this comes up with a website like that selling coral DON'T BUY ANYTHING from them cause their pictures are extremely blown up and their corals are not HEALTHY.