My New 252 G tank

justforfun

I am already planning my next tank. Which will be 10ft long X 42in H X 4 ft deep. But here is my current one. I dont have the wood work done yet, so it is all open for now.
Here is some pics of the wall before the tank was there. Much better use of the space then 2 plants.

mitzel

Nice looking set up . I like it a lot . I would love to have a look through in our kitchen that looked into the dinning room. Unfortunatly theres not much room for one in there . Any tips you have to share with us on you building such a nice setup.

justforfun

It is my front door on the one side, and dinning room on the other. So you can see my tank from the outside of the house. But my house is gated so you cant get to the front door unless I buzzz you in.
Here are some with fish.

justforfun

Originally Posted by hot883
Thats awesome, how long has it been set up?

It was finish last month. The wood work for the outside will be done the 1st of Jan. Fish are great. I love them like my dogs. Cant wait to get my 2nd tank.

hot883

Originally Posted by justforfun
It was finish last month. The wood work for the outside will be done the 1st of Jan. Fish are great. I love them like my dogs. Cant wait to get my 2nd tank.
Just a thought here, :thinking: Be sure to watch your levels because it's realitively a new tank and thats alot of fish for such a young system. Are you running a good skimmer?

justforfun

Originally Posted by hot883
Just a thought here, :thinking: Be sure to watch your levels because it's realitively a new tank and thats alot of fish for such a young system. Are you running a good skimmer?
I checked everything today.
Nitrate 10 or less
Nitrite .2 or less
PH 8.2
Amm 0
Water only for 2 weeks. Then I added 3 fish the first time. Then 7 2 weeks later. Then 3 2 weeks after that. I put in the XL yellow tang 2 nights ago. I am though my cycle and off to happy times. But thanks for the look out.

aw2

When is the next planned to be completed?
Half the fish you have in your current tank are going to outgrow that 14" depth very quickly.

connor

Originally Posted by surfer11
what kind of grouper is that purple striped one
you said you were never going to post here again last night

bullitr

how do you clean that very tall and skinny set up? i have 225 in wall too but a cube 4'x 3'x 30" :notsure:

justforfun

Originally Posted by surfer11
what kind of grouper is that purple striped one
This is what is said on the website.
Polleni Grouper
Cephalopholis polleni
EXCEPTIONALLY RARE
Very deep water grouper
$399.99