My New 252 G tank

justforfun

Originally Posted by bullitr
how do you clean that very tall and skinny set up? i have 225 in wall too but a cube 4'x 3'x 30" :notsure:
I have a service that comes out and cleans it. But I am sure it is a pain for them to do. That is the widht of the wall so did not have much of a choice.

justforfun

Originally Posted by AW2
When is the next planned to be completed?
Half the fish you have in your current tank are going to outgrow that 14" depth very quickly.
I am trying to get some pricing on the tank. It will be about 900 gallons. So I want to take my time on this beast.

boalgf

Where did you get the decor and fake coral for your tank? I like the set-up. It's what I want my next 300 gallon tank to look like. If it is a web site, could you email me the name?
jlopez23@nc.rr.com

justforfun

I hired a company to do the entire thing, so I am not sure where they got the coral from. I will ask them next time they service my tank.

justforfun

Well it has been a very long time since i updated my pics. I finally got all of the wood work done around the tank. I have about 19 fish now.
The bad news is I am putting my house up for sale and the tank stays with it.
The good news is I already ordered my new tank from ATM.
It is as following. 120 L X 48 D X 36 H. I was going to build this same tank in my current house a year ago and never had the time. Since I am moving to a new house that has more room for a large tank I am going to build my tank how I want.

justforfun

This is a thought on how i want my new tank. This is a 120X36X60 so i have another foot deeper but not as high. I would like to have more sand in the front of the tank for the fish to hagn out on. What do you guys think.

reefkeepr

Makes me wonder why I moved, I Lived on the Ocean in Fla , went sking in Aspen a few Times Next thing ya know Im On the side of a mountain, The grass is always greener..... Oh well The biggest thing i miss is suckin fresh water out of the sea every month now i have to make the damn stuff.....

justforfun

I am getting (2) of these for the new tank

Screaming Performance
The PowerPaq 10,000K HQI metal halide will make your corals thrive with stunning intensity and awesome color rendition. Packed with lumens, the 10,000K provides the natural shimmering effect found on coral reefs. Coupled with a highly efficient electronic driving system and SlimPaq Actinic T5 high output lamps, the Outer Orbit HQI produces more lumens per watt than any comparable fixture - hands up!
Leaping Illumination
Powered by an advanced electronic driving system, the high output T5 SlimPaq lamps are driven to their maximum potential while ensuring long lamp life. The patented circuitry inside each ballast ensures consistent high performance and low energy consumption while meeting FCC standards with EMI protection and low THD. All components are the highest quality available, meeting ISO 9001 standards, and are potted to remove thermal stress and increase ballast life expectancy. A German parabolic Powerwrap reflector increases light output up to 99% and surrounds each T5HO lamp for maximum light output. Integrated fan cools both ballasts and lamps for efficient operation.
Panelit
Features both blue and white lunar lights mounted on a removable LED panel. Each color is independently controlled - allowing you to use both colors for a gradual ramp up, or one color for nocturnal viewing.
What's Included
Each Outer Orbit HQI/T5HO fixture features PowerPaq 10,000K HQI lamp(s), SlimPaq T5HO Actinic 420nm & 460nm lamps, cooling fans, glass lens, German parabolic Powerwrap & hammertone reflectors, docking mounts, hanging kit and automatic timers. 150 watt fixtures feature internal electronic ballast HQI driving system, 250 watt fixtures feature remote fan-cooled magnetic ballast HQI driving systems
Model 1077
Length 48"
10,000K PowerPaq HQI 2x250watt
Actinic 460nm 2x54w
Actinic 420nm 2x54w
Lunar Light Blue/White 9/9
Product Dimensions 48" x 15" x 4.25"

justforfun

Here are some pics of my current tank with the wood work done.
Here is the side as you enter the house.

Here is the Dinning Room Side.

justforfun

Here is a current list of my fish as of 1/30/2007
Type Size
1Porcupine Puffer ( Herman)6 In
2Porcupine Puffer (Sherman)5 In
3Striped Dogface 5in
4Black Mask - Red Sea6 In
5Mapper Puffer 10 In
6Yellow Boxfish 4 In
7Harlequin Tusk - Australian5 In
8Green Bird Wrasse 7 in