My new aquarium!!!!!!

socks002

I just got a FREE 40 to 50 gallon octogon aquarium with wooden stand. Im excited.
I have a second aquarium and im not even done working on the first!!! lol. Im looking around the living room trying to figure out where i can put it and later i need to do a leak test and clean it out.
ANY IDEAS
im thinking FOWLR because the 55 is going to be reef.
il post updates and pics.
Question: If the leak test fails, can it be sealed?

teresaq

Yes, you can reseal with silicone.
Nice size oct. Any pictures??
you could so a species only tank.

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks002 http:///t/387885/my-new-aquarium#post_3416443
I just got a FREE 40 to 50 gallon octogon aquarium with wooden stand. Im excited.
I have a second aquarium and im not even done working on the first!!! lol. Im looking around the living room trying to figure out where i can put it and later i need to do a leak test and clean it out.
ANY IDEAS
im thinking FOWLR because the 55 is going to be reef.
il post updates and pics.
Question: If the leak test fails, can it be sealed?
I am happy for you! Glad to see how the 2nd tank goes! Yes, the tank can be resealed.
Pics?

socks002

Just got back inside, scrubed and cleaned it, got all the cobwebs out of the stand, brought it all inside and put it together.
before i cleaned it and after lol, leak test passed

socks002

i could not get this cloudy stain off, i scrubbed, nothing!! i rubbed the stain with my finger though and it started to slightly come off, like those wierd kind of stains when you burn grees ino a pan and the only way to get it out is with de-greeser.(just an example lol) Do i need to get something to clean it with? I know im not supposed to use chemicals of any kind so im not shure how to get this cloudiness off the glass.

socks002

And heres it in the house, crappy pic i know. Its the only camera i have, 1.3 MP on my cell phone, i WAS bidding on this 12 MP coolpix on ebay and lost
im gonna keep looking for a better camera though, cant stand bad pics lol.

S

siptang

White vinegar = check
thanks Lois! :)
OP - tank looks awesome! good luck!!

socks002

Alright, I have picked out the t5 light fixture for this tank, the 24" tek light, i hear this light is WAAAAYYY better than the nova extreme t5 i was going to go with at first because its a bit cheaper. Tek is not a bad price at about 280 for fixture, acrylic shield and bulbs, Only thing is, is it really necessary for the mount on bracket legs to be an extra 54$ D= It probly is but still.....

socks002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks002 http:///t/387885/my-new-aquarium#post_3417444
Alright, I have picked out the t5 light fixture for this tank, the 24" tek light, i hear this light is WAAAAYYY better than the nova extreme t5 i was going to go with at first because its a bit cheaper. Tek is not a bad price at about 280 for fixture, acrylic shield and bulbs, Only thing is, is it really necessary for the mount on bracket legs to be an extra 54$ D= It probly is but still.....