My NEW Blue Linckia Multifora starfish

dingus890

FINALLY found online a blue spotted mutifora linckia starfish to buy.The stars color is more of a turquoise. The starfish was FREE! I just had to pay shipping. I signed up for the websites newsletter and they gave me a $25.00 credit. Sweet!
The starfish arrived looking well. It did have a adult Thyca crystallina snail attached to it

But during acclimation(4 hours) I busted the snails shell with plyers and it let go.(It was crazy imbedded into the poor starfish' leg)
I had a smaller red/purple linckia multifora that I got back in Dec. after asking Ophiura which star would be ok for my 55 gallon tank. It disappeared in March. I have no clue what happened to it. I assume it died after I had a SG swing(Just bought a Refractometer so it doesn't happen again).
Anyway here are the pictures of my new addition. The star is about 4-5 inches.
Also my black and white clownfish and BTA(Which my CB clown will not go in..*Sigh*

dingus890

Thanks :) Yes I hope I can get a better pic of it. This is the first time it has come out from hiding. So I ran and got my cam..haha

meowzer

You know I haven't see Ophiura in a while.....then again...I have not seen a lot of mods lately

ANYWAY...I would love a star for my 225G....the only one that ever did well was a chocolate chip, and I got rid of it cause they are not reef safe
I had a beautiful red star.....disappeared one day
Maybe One day I will get another one...the tank is definitely established enough

dingus890

I haven't seen her in awile either. Last time I heard from her was in Jan.
Why don't you try a blue or orange linckia? I wanted an orange but my tank just was way to small to support it. Your tank is certainly large enough. Watch out for the burgundy linckia though if you have BTA's. I have heard the stars will eat BTA's if they are small enough. That's weired about your red star. Sounds like what happened to my first red/purple spotted multifora. Just disappeared

dingus890

Well the new star hasn't been looking to good. One of it's legs started rotting off. And it is real shriveled up :( Never buying stuff from the place I got it again! It wasn't SWF.com though :)
But some good news. I was looking in the tank and I FOUND MY OLD RED/PURPLE MULTIFORA SPOTTED STARFISH! I haven't seen it in months. I assumed it was dead! There is was alive! YAY!