my new guys (GBTA / GSM's) Pics/vid

perfectdark

Originally Posted by KrautBurner
http:///forum/post/2599550
cool, thanks.
I took the pics to my LFS,
and the guy there said it's not really common, but he had heard that is a way it could "split"
it will be awesome if it turns into two,
one for each Clown ;)
I should get a turkey baster (or something like that) to dirrect feed with mysis shrimp

That form of splitting is actually pretty common after doing some reasearch. As for feeding, if your lighting is sufficient then you dont really need to feed it anything. If not then yes spot feeding anything marine diet and raw will help keep its immune system healthy but long term, lighting is what will sustain this animal, so I do suggest you address it if not done already. HTH.

krautburner

well,
he never completely split, just hung out with a 2nd head growing out of his neck ;)
I had that GBTA for about another year or so after this last post. he had more than doubled in size, and the GSM's loved it.
then had my tank crash when I was out of town (power went out, return pump never fired back up. so the circulation from the sump to main tank stopped. my heater was in the sump. only source of heat was the lights on a timer and a powerhead
it was winter, and I had the home heat turned down to 58*, my tank was at 60* when I returned. killed most of my corals, a couple fish, as well as my anom)
I've now had a RBTA for a year and a half, the GSM's have taken an even stronger bond to.
and it's quadropled in size since getting it.
(I also have much better lights now)