my new leather wont open, suggestions

nano reefer

hey everyone, i bought a lobed leather coral from SWF a little over a week ago. but he wont open. i have him in medium light, and high flow. all the other corals i got are doing great, but this guy wont open. the toadstool i have is doing great too. how can i get this guy to open up. i havent had this problem with a leather before.

goinbroke

i have mine at the top of my 90 in a ton of flow and a ton of light. not sure what type of leather. it does awsome up there. i'll get a pic up.

goinbroke

no idea.
the reason i moved it up high is it would be about mid way down and stretch for the light. so i moved it up a few inches up twords the light. now it's always open. i'm thinking of fragging it. it's getting huge! not sure on how to do it though. dont want to hurt or damage it!

nano reefer

Originally Posted by goinbroke
http:///forum/post/3023068
no idea.
the reason i moved it up high is it would be about mid way down and stretch for the light. so i moved it up a few inches up twords the light. now it's always open. i'm thinking of fragging it. it's getting huge! not sure on how to do it though. dont want to hurt or damage it!
dont worry, its a leather, you could probabl;y use scissors to frag it. anyway, i moved him to a lower flow spot, and i'll see how he looks when i get home today.

nano reefer

i got home today, and there was a negative improvement when he was put to lower flow. he seemed to "melt" down a little, and was a darker brown color in certain spots compared, to a tan-yellow.