my new octopus!

K

krichardson

got him/her last Wednesday...looked REALLY pitiful in the LFS and they told me they couldn't get it to eat since they got it in so i probably wouldn't want it, and it hardly moved around and every time i went into the LFS there were people tapping on the glass!

so... bought another tank, cycled it and saved him/her. I am in love with this creature!!! Since i have had it it has been eating silversides/krill and i have some hermits in the tank w/it in case it wants to munch on them and its breathing is more stable and is very active and curious. doing MUCH better now. oh, and I've been doing small water changes every other day( i read online i was supposed to do them that often)
meet Einstein!(what i named it
)

K

krichardson

thanks! i think so too!!! but all my friends think I'm nuts for describing an octopus as beautiful!

oh well..."different strokes for different folks"

K

krichardson

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/2587744
very nice. i read it somewhere that they dont live too long, like 1-2 years.
yea i read that too...
it's sad. even the giant octo only lives like3-5 years... they have very short life spans.

05xrunner

wow..you seem to have gotten a Mimic octopus. those are very rare..and usually go for like $300 yet they dont like very long..year or so

K

kikithemermaid

It's definitely a mimic, gorgeous!!
What size tank do you have it in?

K

krichardson

yea it is a mimic...and guess how stupid my LFS is??... they sold it to me for 50 bucks!! haha their loss.

05xrunner

thats pretty cool..Wonder how they got it. That species is still a big mystery to all and there is not alot of data on them. So its pretty much going in blind. You got one hell of a deal though