My new pet!

Here is the little guy I picked up over the weekend. He is awesome and weighs about 5 pounds right now. About three months old. He is sooooooooooooo smart! He is a mini pot belly, there is several different kinds called different things. He could be anywhere from 30 to 90 lbs.
And if you think he is cute do not run out and buy one! Do alot of research they are not like dogs at all. Feel free to ask questions.

He has been such a joy to have.
And my three dogs in all the pics are-
The biggest one, weimaraner
Medium one, Pitbull mix two years old
Little guy, Boston Terrier, Pug, Pitbull, Shar pei, 5 months old

lovethesea

Cute. I used to work with a guy that had one. She was very cute. Didnt get overly large. Kinda funny also. Very smart, she used to trick the dog all of the time.
A friend of my daughter just got one. He is still pretty small. I will have to see if she has a pic of him.

jtt

I once dated a girl with a pig that her and her family adored. Then one day I went over to their house and the pig was gone... and pork chops was on the menu for the night. totally serious.

browniebuck

great...now I have to find a way to hide this thread from my wife...she will see this and start asking if we can get a pig...she is quite the animal lover, and seeing something this cute just means bad news for me, as I have to be the rational one in the house!

browniebuck

I bet the first time that the dogs saw that they had to be thinking, WTF is this thing??? and why is it oinking instead of barking, we thought those things that said MEOW were weird....now this thing!?!

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3214098
YIKES....I wonder what those dogs are thinking....LOL
Haha well my big weimer could care less he gave it a couple sniffs and went and laid down. The funniest thing is my pitbull mix, she thinks she is that pigs mother. She even lets him try and suckle and she keeps the other dogs from getting to close sometimes. My little guy that is still a puppy thinks he is a toy but is learning to be gentle, they will chase a ball together.

Originally Posted by browniebuck
http:///forum/post/3214078
great...now I have to find a way to hide this thread from my wife...she will see this and start asking if we can get a pig...she is quite the animal lover, and seeing something this cute just means bad news for me, as I have to be the rational one in the house!
I have one and I still say talk her out of it. While they are pretty easy to care for I feel they are more of a responsibility than dogs. < Does that make sense? I work from home and have fenced in land for him, and a three car garage that I'm going to build a place for him at night.

browniebuck

Originally Posted by reefaholic33
http:///forum/post/3214263
I have one and I still say talk her out of it. While they are pretty easy to care for I feel they are more of a responsibility than dogs. < Does that make sense? I work from home and have fenced in land for him, and a three car garage that I'm going to build a place for him at night.
Don't worry...this ain't gonna happen!!! She will be sore at me for a little while, but I have rather LARGE feet and when they come down...I am pretty sure that she understands that I am not going to budge.
We had to put our cat to sleep earlier this year and she was on me to get another one...but she is ALLERGIC to them!!! I said no, and there is no kitty cat in the house now!

Haha you guys are mean.....he will never be big enough to eat.
But you guys have me craving some porksteaks now. It's funny I'm from st. louis and porksteaks were a huge thing, down here in TX they don't eat them, just porkchops. I have to go to a meat market and get them cut.

lovethesea

yummy...pork steaks........
funny story......I was in Florida one summer and I KNEW anyplace south of Missouri border did not have them. But if I described the cut, maybe the butcher/meat cutter could find me something similar to grill. So I said "in STL its called a pork steak, but it is this cut...." he interrupted me very obnoxiously and said "honey.......there ain't no steak on a pig!!!! )

btw, I have a fantatic receipe that you can put them in the oven and they fall off the bone and melt in your mouth.
great in the winter.

keri

lol... what did you name him?
I used to work in a pet store when I was a kid and there was this potbelly named Pig Floyd that used to walk himself up to my store to beg for dog cookies. It was pretty funny because he lived about a 30-45 min walk away (30 for me to walk alone, 45 trying to coax the pig back!!)