My new project

cam78

Got ya!! You have your overflows draining into your sump yet. Doesn't look like it. Maybe just can't see it dumping in with those pics. I know there is no water, just mean the plumbing.

nigerbang

All the plumbing is done.. Look at the top picture of the plumbing.. You can see the overflow returns and drains running around the top of the sump.. Water is filling the tank now.. Few more days and it will be full..

nigerbang

LOL.. I have been slacking...
I added about 70lb of rock this week. I know it would prolong the cycle but rather do it now and not have to worry about curing it elsewhere..
going through some diatom right now. Other than that all is well.. I'll try and get some new pictures up tomorrow..

nigerbang

Messing around with some cold cahodes for moon lights..not bad for 2 12" tiny lights on such a large tank..
12 volt

9 volt

nigerbang

I suppose I will update since I was asked about it on another thread..LOL
Finally done with all the equipment with the exception of swapping my RK2 out for a RKE and running 2 float switches for 2 ATO's.
Got the skimmer online and running..
Few pics of it,
Running for a few hours:

and some shots I just took.. This is after it has been running for 2 days..

and some random shots

Ignore the date stamp.. I finally turned it off..

smoothie

Nice Ansley!
Sorry about those super white bulbs again. Hope you can trade them for something since they were new.
PS- Send me a pm on where to get those screens

nigerbang

Originally Posted by smoothie
http:///forum/post/3242259
Nice Ansley!
Sorry about those super white bulbs again. Hope you can trade them for something since they were new.
PS- Send me a pm on where to get those screens
eh, No worries at all.. Im picking up 2 Super Actinic bulbs from someone at the meeting tonight.. So I hope to have a picture of the tank with those running on it tomorrow sometime.
The Actinic whites turn out to be about the same color as fiji pinks.. Its a fine color, just doesnt work well with the color of the Radiums..
I still have the other 4 endcaps.. I might snag another ballast and run the AW's with the radiums and actinics... then it would be 4x160 VHO's plus halides.. LOL

ryant

Nice to see someone from Ga on here. You referred to the "meeting" im guessing your talking bout ARC. Im reg on there as well. Nice tank btw.

nigerbang

I'm somewhat of a regular..LOL.. Happen to be the 2010 President.. Look at my title under my screenname here.. You will make the connection.. :)
Originally Posted by RyanT
http:///forum/post/3242724
Nice to see someone from Ga on here. You referred to the "meeting" im guessing your talking bout ARC. Im reg on there as well. Nice tank btw.

ryant

Originally Posted by NigerBang
http:///forum/post/3242834
I'm somewhat of a regular..LOL.. Happen to be the 2010 President.. Look at my title under my screenname here.. You will make the connection.. :)

Lol, I didnt even notice, small world.

nigerbang

No worrie..lol
Well I did an unexpected water change this morning.. Seemed to have left on my RO drip into the sump. No overflow or anything like that. I went ahead and did a water change while I was draining the sump(thank god for that drain line I plumbed into an extra bulkhead in the sump)
I've got my WC down where I can change 25 gallons in 3 minutes.. Yay for me!!