My new reef tank

This is not the final aquascape nor the total amount of LR I will have in the tank. Currently there is about 40-50 lbs in it and 60 lbs of live sand. I still have more rock in my current tank (about 15-20 lbs), but have to keep it in there because there are some corals attached to it. There are some corals attached to the ones in the new set up, and even though it hasn't gone through its cycle yet I went ahead and put them in because I don't really care for brown palys and xenia. Also I put my old skimmer (bak pak 2) on it to remove some waste. My new skimmer is sitting in the sump of my current set up! Let me know what you think.

rebelprettyboy

Frag em off and sell them... they look like some nice polyps.
And aquascape looks really good.... I like it! Hope the fish dont spend all their time behind the rocks hiding

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2697849
Frag em off and sell them... they look like some nice polyps.
And aquascape looks really good.... I like it! Hope the fish dont spend all their time behind the rocks hiding
Ya I thought of that. I think I'll put more rock back there so they don't.
I have so many of those polyps, probably around 50-75 total, they are sitting in my DT right now in the corner (dunced!). Their heads are around the size of a dime (some bigger) and stand 2-3" tall. The ones in my new setup are stuck to a rock whereas the ones in my DT aren't. Anyone want them?

bojik

Originally Posted by smokingreefer
http:///forum/post/2698136
Ya I thought of that. I think I'll put more rock back there so they don't.
I have so many of those polyps, probably around 50-75 total, they are sitting in my DT right now in the corner (dunced!). Their heads are around the size of a dime (some bigger) and stand 2-3" tall. The ones in my new setup are stuck to a rock whereas the ones in my DT aren't. Anyone want them?
wuw for em?

bojik

Originally Posted by smokingreefer
http:///forum/post/2699274
$10/polyp...jk...just pay shipping and you can have them.
that all lol. I think overnight will be like $60 alone i think.... Its gotten a bit on the ridiculous side of late.

Update - Tank is completely cycled and have most all LR transferred from my current tank. I am undergoing a DIY light mod to my aqualight pro. I don't like the pc's that came with it so I am going to install T5's. I just ordered an icecap 660 and wil lhave 4 39W T5's in it now!

bojik

yes post pics :) still have those zoo's? had a t5 strip burn and don't want to shock em waiting for a replacement... not sure if its this or next Friday it will be here.

I hated the way my pc lights looked in my aqualight pro so I decided to do a t5 mod. Given that I only had a 150w mh bulb the t5's would give me the much needed light for me to keep sps. My sps are currently sitting under a 250w mh bulb in my other tank waiting to be transfered. For the ballast I went with an icecap 660. I ran into a snag with the icecap waterproof end caps in that they were too big. I didn't really need them to be waterproof because there is a shield protecting them so I just used the socket. Here's a couple pics of my work. I'd be happy to answer any questions.
Attachment 206872
Attachment 206873
before
Attachment 206875
after
Attachment 206871

You can really see how the t5's bring out the color of the rocks as well as how the shadows aren't as prevalent. I want to change out my mh bulb but don't know what I should change it to. Any suggestions?

bojik

indeed :) you will get a lot more effect out of those t5's if you can get single bulb reflectors. Like the tek ones for instance. cannot tell if you have any under the bulbs or not.