My new reef

azfishgal

Your tank is looking good. If you want to type some text after each picture you need to go to photobucket and download your pics. Then just paste the IMG code and type what you want before or after it. It will also allow you to enlarge the pics more.

nwdyr

Photo bucket is the best! thats what I use, also when you copy the pic and paste it here you can type something in right ater the picture. You can do it either wat actually.

iyachtuxivm

all right update time nothing spectacular just params
ammoina 0
nitrate 10ish have a hard time reading that one
ph 8.2
kh is 14 ever since I used buffer
calcium 400
SG 1.025
phos >.9
doing weekly water change 4 gal next. Oh and a few pictures of bicolor havent named him yet.

topfins-mj

Nice tank by the way. Now how or what glue do you use to secure those shrooms and other corals? I just place mine on rocks but my snails are starting to get big and moving things around.

iyachtuxivm

Topfins- I used a combo of superglue gel and an epoxy called aquascape. The rics I used epoxy on the small rocks they were attached to. The shrooms I just let them attach to a small rock (as none of them were) in a small container. The zoas I just superglued most of 'em, the ones i didnt I used epoxy.
Bountyhunter- its a number 2 I did have 2 of them way too much flow. I am getting a korilla nano for the added flow I want. 2=600gph/nano=275 I believe.
All in all I hope this tank continues to grow and look good. So far so good. Thanks for all the encouragement!

iyachtuxivm

I just got done fragging the GSP to smaller pieces to fit where I wanted it. Keep your fingers crossed for me/it.
It will be my first attempt. I want to get the zoas below off the plug they are on to put on my "horns" but i'm afraid it sooo pretty I would hate to hurt it.

iyachtuxivm

Ok so had the day off today where did I go.... LFS ofcoarse! Not too bad this time
. picked up a clown said it was a occelarius (no way i spelled that right) but its like half black or something. Very cool looking. And I took back the seriatopora it wasnt doing well,unlike the rest of the corals. Picked up a fungia. Its way cool will take pics of them soon. Also got a tunze osmolator.... this may take a while to install. Lots of reading to do on it! If anyone has an osmolator any info would be great! TY

J

jamiegrl

i have have any info on the osmolator thingy but i did want to say nice tank!
did you attempt to transfer the zoos from that plug yet?
i really like the acon!!!
the horn is going to look awesome with the zoos over it!!!
Nice job on the clown! those clown really look awesome
they are the new popular thing.. i got my false perc when they were all the rage but now i cant find new ones anywhere. oscillarus are the new tank fashion!!
good luck with everything!

atlantis16

Originally Posted by jamiegrl
http:///forum/post/2538467
i have have any info on the osmolator thingy but i did want to say nice tank!
did you attempt to transfer the zoos from that plug yet?
i really like the acon!!!
the horn is going to look awesome with the zoos over it!!!
Nice job on the clown! those clown really look awesome
they are the new popular thing.. i got my false perc when they were all the rage but now i cant find new ones anywhere. oscillarus are the new tank fashion!!
good luck with everything!
i want one

iyachtuxivm

ok so I got some new stuff ,a small chip of monti cap think its a purple rim, and a feather duster. I will post new pics as soon as I can get the 2 stupid mushrooms to attach so there isnt a glad ware container in my DT(the gladware container is getting corallin already
). Everytime I pick up the mushrooms they hold on to the rubble for about .5 hr then they're rolling around the tank again
. Also hooked my auto top off works great! gotta love Tunze!

matt b

Ah your sooo lucky!! I wanted a serpent colored like that but I couldent find one so I just got a tiger one

iyachtuxivm

clownfish it a 32 gal. 24x18x18
Yea Matt My lfs just got like 50 serpant stars in saturday and had a huge sale today 15 bucks they have white, grey ,solid red, red like mine, green, one was gold or yellow really cool but it was already sold. They sell them for 29.99 usually. Couldnt resist urge to put more stuff in tank.