My New Stingray!

psusocr1

Urobatis Halleri ... A.K.A California Stingray, Round Stingay
he looked HUGE in the bucket!!! then i put him in the tank and he looked small again

Right when he got into the tank

I Sware i turned around for 2 seconds and then i had no clue where he was :notsure: :thinking: Then i found him, and picture time was OVER!!

robpsca

Awesome!
LOL now all those cleaner clams ur gonna buy will get uprooted by him if they do die
EVIL GRIN

psusocr1

Ohioguy06 Nice bobby....... keep up the awesome work when does the grey come?
next tuesday ...cant wait!!
LOL now all those cleaner clams ur gonna buy will get uprooted by him if they do die
thats why i wanna get them, not evan for nitrates, just to let my ray and shark have some natural predation!!
fedukeford nice pics, how big does it get?
21.8 inches, they grow 1.1 inches a year with maximum conditions
Cartman101 Nice! Did you get him/her on a website?
Website, unfortunatly i have to get all my fish from websites because i dont have very reputable lfs's around me,, but so far i got a beutiful lion and stingray!!
and my shark comes in next week
:joy:

psusocr1

Chiloscyllium Griseum A.K.A The Grey Bamboo Shark
i ordered him 2 weeks ago but both times they were supposed to ship the temp. dropped WAY low so i cancelled the shipping. but we set a date where it looks like its going to work out!
:joy:

jr2857

yeah i read it all right. i wish i could make one
but i'm only 12 and not experienced at all with building things except with legos a long time ago when you got to look at the directions.

jr2857

is that the only guy in there? also once you have the shark and ray in there for 2 years hope you upgrade

cheapfish1

hey if they grow that slow what is the minimum tank size for them when the are say 6 inches in diameter? My LFSs have them and they look awesome i would love to get one when i upgrade my tank. Are they hard to feed and what do they eat?

psusocr1

jr2857 is that the only guy in there? also once you have the shark and ray in there for 2 years hope you upgrade
i have a lionfish, my new ray, a choc. chip star, a bahama star in there currently, also no need to worry about me upgrading(remember i build my own tanks
) and also the 500 is in the works as we speak..im slowly starting to collect my materials!!
cheapfish1 hey if they grow that slow what is the minimum tank size for them when the are say 6 inches in diameter? My LFSs have them and they look awesome i would love to get one when i upgrade my tank. Are they hard to feed and what do they eat?
mine is about 6 inches right now(disc) and the minimum is 180 gallons(according to scott micheals) but just looking at his size now i cant wait to ge tmy 500 done cause you know hes gunna be BIG!!
its funny you ask if they are hard to feed because i just fed my ray a bunch of shrimp and silversides and i have only had him for a few hours now( and he also ate one of my crabs already
)!!
well heres more pics!! as you can see the feeding stick int here with him and him eating!! he was chasing the feeding stick all the way to the top of the tank to get the food( i couldnt resist teasing him a bit)

turningtim

WAY COOL!!!!!
So when the 500 is done are you gonna make the 205 a reef?
Your gonna have mail shortly!
Tim

psusocr1

haha TIM ,, your too funny..actually no offense to reefers, i think reef tanks are beutiful, but its just not for me! there are just way to many cool aggressive combos you can have for me to ever turn reef! .. also i was thinking when the 500 is done the 205 will be like a big QT or holding tank..i really dont know what i willd o with it actually.. Maybe my parents will want it to turn it into a "pretty" "colorfull" tank...i dunno really?? or maybe ill have an auction for it and then donate the money to a good cause....i dunno good question tim..

5280_humu

Nice ray bobby . I guess you don't need to go tear the shiping warehouse down . I'm so jelious ,Soon enough though.
By the way is your lion dead yet?