My new Tamarin wrasse

it's chuck

The is my new redtail tamarin wrasse, she is really small around two inches but eats really well (even pellet), she is in a 20 long for the next couple weeks, then she will be getting moved into a 100 gallon with everything else in the tank

john harlan

really nice looking never seen one of those before i hope this doesn't make you mad but how much do those usually cost

aquaknight

Nice female! Looks good, nice broad head, the stomach doesn't look particularly pinched, a little skinny behind the gills but that's to be expected.. Though hopefully she's just puckering up for the camera and her mouth isn't damaged....
EDIT: just read she's eating pellets, so obviously the mouth is fine. Nevermine...

it's chuck

Well unfortuneatly my cherub seems to dislike her, some chasing a couple nips even went after my clowns for a second last night. I'm have to keep an eye on it and hopefully the cherub calms down

it's chuck

Yeah it is a Red tail Tamarin wrasse it is a female the males are called psychedelic wrasse. They all start out as females tough so their is a chance she change especially with her being so small still. There is also a yellow tail tamarin wrasse

it's chuck

Good news this morning she was out and the cherub seemed like he couldn't care less about her. When I fed (spirilna brine and cyclops) she ate very well. I know they are supposedly hard to keep long term and getting them to eat is said to big the biggest part, but this girl is little(~2") and eating well(already eating pellet). I feel pretty good she is going in a large reef system (100 gallon) I fed a large variety of foods (Rods' Reef food, mysis, cyclops, spirlina brine, blood worms, formula 1 and 2 frozen and pellet, red and green algae sheets) so hopefully she will do well