My New Tank

speg

interesting.. must suck to replace all of those :p almost cheaper to just buy a new system! :p

meowzer

Originally Posted by Speg
http:///forum/post/3259242
interesting.. must suck to replace all of those :p almost cheaper to just buy a new system! :p
NAH...T5's last longer and aren't that high...plus this is on the 225G, and at 30" deep...I need all the light I can get

speg

3 250w MH's though... it used to make me upset when I had to replace my two pc bulbs... lol.... I'm cheap :)

meowzer

Originally Posted by Speg
http:///forum/post/3259257
3 250w MH's though... it used to make me upset when I had to replace my two pc bulbs... lol.... I'm cheap :)
LOL....yeah well I have a satellite dual on the 54G, a T5HO with 4 bulbs on the 29G, and this light on the 225G.....BELIEVE ME.....I spend A LOT on bulbs.....I try to stagger the orders.....NO WAY could I order them all together....
As a matter of fact, I am replacing the 29G bulbs this month....will run about $90
and the T5's in the 225G in June,....yikes

icebreaker

Yes I love that fixture; it was a deal of a lifetime. I had to replace one of the florescent ballast, but as an electrician it was easy to find a "free" one. It was a major upgrade from my Nova I had on the 72g. Now that everything is moved into the new tank, what to do with the old one? I just ordered new 14000k bulbs should be here today. Can’t wait to see the difference they will make, if any.

speg

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3259262
LOL....yeah well I have a satellite dual on the 54G, a T5HO with 4 bulbs on the 29G, and this light on the 225G.....BELIEVE ME.....I spend A LOT on bulbs.....I try to stagger the orders.....NO WAY could I order them all together....
As a matter of fact, I am replacing the 29G bulbs this month....will run about $90
and the T5's in the 225G in June,....yikes
Yeah I bet you spend a ton. I think that replacing lights/pumps was what upset me most about the hobby :p

icebreaker

Well it happened my worst nightmare my 150G tank split its seam. At 5 pm on Sunday afternoon I was sitting with my 2 month old son watching TV and all of a sudden *POP* splash it sounded like a water pipe had just burst. In my socked feet I ran down stairs to watch the first 100G fall to the floor as I looked for buckets to put my live stock into.
After I seemed to save about 20-30G of water I was able to pull everything out of the tank and alive. My friend has a 180g tank in north of Baltimore. I called him and told him to make room I am on my way. So I was able to save everything but a few snails and hermit crabs (I just bought Friday).
So now I am looking to find a New Tank, I could never trust the old one even if I resealed the seam. It split the wood frame down the side about 2” from the bottom.
Thank God for tile floor and bleach.

mrdc

Yeah I saw your post here and was thinking you were the same one that posted about the tank leak. How long have you have the tank? Did you buy it used or new? Just curious ...

icebreaker

I got it used; it was up and running for about 6 months just upgraded when I moved from a 72G. It was an old tank, thick glass but no center brace on top. It had only been dry for 3 weeks when I got it. Oh well live and learn. I bought it from a co-worker and he had it for about 15 years. It might just have been the move weakened it, he offered to give me back the money I only took back half because I did have it up and running.

mrdc

Well that was nice of him to offer the money back. I agree that it might have gotten stressed during the move. Wel at least you saved the citters and it sounds like you will be jumping right back in.