My new Yasha Haze Goby...

footbag

Very sweet!!! It's almost like having an ant farm the way they tunnel and pop up out of the rocks. I have been keeping an eye on PO4 just in case they disturb the sand bed too much.

birdy

footbag- do yours pop up in a different spot everyday? It is almost like hide and seek with mine, I spend too much time everyday trying to find mine. Somedays I see them and somedays I don't

footbag

Yup, a different spot daily and it seems like the shrimp fills in the old spot with sand. The pics that I took are when he popped up in the center of the tank, in the prime location. I hope he decides to like it there.

traib

In the wild shrimp build tunnels that can extend for a meter or more with several enterances. At night they close the entrance/s with sand or shell parts so that they and their gobi partners can be safe from perdation. Shrimp and gobi pairs live in clusters with as many as 50 seperate pairs inhabiting a single area many meters accross. (Yasunobu Yanagisawa, Natural History magazine) Originally posted this as a new thread in error.