my newest addition/rescue

michaeltx

I got this little guy today he has been badly mistreated and abused. The mayor knew that we had pets and took very well care of them so he brought us this little guy. He told us that he was confiscated ny the shriffs department and sense there was no local shelter around here they were going to have to uthenize him unless they could find him a home. We took him in. His wiskers have been burnt and he has cigerette burns on his back and back legs. UNREAL how some people can mistreat animals. He has taken to me like no other animal that I have ever had he follows me everywhere!!!! and if I am out of site he whins and wimpers till he can see me again. as soon as I pick him up he falls fast asleep and wont eat unless I put the food next to me and sit there till he is done LOL. He is the sweetest little dog though I cant beleive someone mistreated him this way.
Mike

michaeltx

and of course my other camera hounds had to have their picture taken expect Max he was camera shy today it was 75 degrees after ike left sunday so he stayed outside ALL day long.
Of course Cookie has decided she like to smile when the camera comes out now LOL
Mike

babyb

omg how cute, its realy sad that people can just be like that it makes me so sad to hear of an animal that has been mistreated but man oh man does he look so abused now lol

michaeltx

yeah he has a good home now and has fallen in with the rest of the herd LOL
He has been so happy today playing eating and of COURSE what he likes to do most SLEEP !!!!
Mike

mimzy

if u could find out where the former owners live, i'd appreciate it. i have a..... present for them.
<<<<<<<hugs mike>>>>>>>>
ty so much 4giving that little sweetface a new, excellent chance at life.

michaeltx

Originally Posted by Mimzy
http:///forum/post/2758052
if u could find out where the former owners live, i'd appreciate it. i have a..... present for them.
<<<<<<<hugs mike>>>>>>>>
ty so much 4giving that little sweetface a new, excellent chance at life.
they now reside at the WC detention center for many charges including animal abuse although its a misdemenor here *until next election its up for vote to make it a felony charge* but the drug and weapons charges if they are convicted will give a minimum sentence of 8-12 years for each of them so I hope they throw the book at them on all the charges!!!
Mike

cranberry

I took in a beaten Schnuazer 11 years ago. I really wish I knew what happened in his life because he is SO afraid of clicking noises... mantis shrimp, pistal shrimp... any click and he will run and hide.... if I clicked my ring against my glass right now he'd probably take off. Even after all of these years.......
Good luck with yours.... they look like a sweetie!

michaeltx

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/2758058
I took in a beaten Schnuazer 11 years ago. I really wish I knew what happened in his life because he is SO afraid of clicking noises... mantis shrimp, pistal shrimp... any click and he will run and hide.... if I clicked my ring against my glass right now he'd probably take off. Even after all of these years.......
Good luck with yours.... they look like a sweetie!
most schnuazers that I have delt with are terrified of things that they dont know where its coming from while grooming I had to groom several of them and as long as they knew where the sounds were coming from they were fine but any sound they couldnt look at terrified them never did figure out why.
The rot/lab in the picture is terrified of fly swatters I have had her sense she was weaned about 8 years ago now and she has NEVER EVER had a fly swatter used on her but if you even pick one up she runs and hides. so it might just be part of his personality plus the breed.
Mike

mimzy

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
http:///forum/post/2758057
they now reside at the WC detention center for many charges including animal abuse although its a misdemenor here *until next election its up for vote to make it a felony charge* but the drug and weapons charges if they are convicted will give a minimum sentence of 8-12 years for each of them so I hope they throw the book at them on all the charges!!!
Mike

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

cranberry

Oh great... now your telling me my very ugly dog is also a natural born freak......
So.... the fact he ducks when I reach for something above his head.... not something from his past but he is actually afraid I am going to hit him?

oceanlover

Love the new dog. Very sweet. What will you name him?
I like the other dog in your picture too. Dogs are such great additions to our lives!

mimzy

http:///forum/post/2758070
Oh great... now your telling me my very ugly dog is also a natural born freak......
So.... the fact he ducks when I reach for something above his head.... not something from his past but he is actually afraid I am going to hit him?
not all behaviors are learned behaviors. we have a basset hound - a HUNTING. DOG. who is deathly afraid of loud noises. gunfire, thunderstorms, cars backfiring, fireworks.... he literally screams and cries...not to mention the shaking and the drooling and the panting. we have to sedate him every evening during 4th of July week. it's just part of his personality.
what you can do with your dog, b/c his reactions are a little less severe than my dog, is positive association training. get a training clicker, or a snapple cap. every time u click it, give him a treat. eventually he'll associate the sound with a positive experience and will loose all anxiety when he hears clicking noises. you can do the same thing with reaching over him. flinching when someone reaches for your head is a very natural reaction - he simply needs to know that it's a GOOD thing when you do it.

cranberry

I tried the positive reinforcement with the clicking... as well as ignoring and scoulding. Our mantis shrimp drove him nuts so there was ample opportunity.
The reaction to the hand thing isn't natural.... people always ask "What in the world is up with your dog?". When ever he ducks I give him some loving or ignore it.... should I be doing something else. A touch from us is his greatest reward... it's higher on the list than food (which is more than I can say for the beagle).
I always assumed his freaky behaviour was because of his past because I was told by the adoption people to expect him to not be a "normal dog". Poor misunderstood ugly dog.

sepulatian

So cute Mike!!! What have you named this one? Sissy looked mighty comfy in that last pic
I love cookie's smile
RIP even got in on the fun LOL. We need some new pics of Max though after he finishes enjoying the cooler weather, of course

I am glad the new lil cutie found a great home!! People kill me. Absolutely kill me. Both of my sister's Pomeranians were abused before she got them. I don't know how anyone can do that.

cranberry

Did anyone else go back and take another look at that dogs teeth! With every new post I feel the urge to go back and look at them.... they are massive.

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2758565
Did anyone else go back and take another look at that dogs teeth! With every new post I feel the urge to go back and look at them.... they are massive.
LOL aw, it's just sweet lil Cookie girl. Yeah, her teeth do appear huge.

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2758080
I tried the positive reinforcement with the clicking... as well as ignoring and scoulding. Our mantis shrimp drove him nuts so there was ample opportunity.
The reaction to the hand thing isn't natural.... people always ask "What in the world is up with your dog?". When ever he ducks I give him some loving or ignore it.... should I be doing something else. A touch from us is his greatest reward... it's higher on the list than food (which is more than I can say for the beagle).
I always assumed his freaky behaviour was because of his past because I was told by the adoption people to expect him to not be a "normal dog". Poor misunderstood ugly dog.
NEVER scold a mistreated dog!!! Ever! They have been through way too much. Positive reinforcement is the way to go. My dog Julie, she is a terrier mix, was very afraid of hands. Now if I pet Sebastian she slumps under my hand and pushes up for a petting. She is a doll. She was difficult at first but she came around nicely. She used to go potty on the floor. She came from a kennel in Georgia. I am in NY. I bought her from a kennel here. She was two years old and was used to kennel life. It took some time to get her house broken. She still flinches at a hand moving quickly by her face. Instead of ducking she licks your hand. She sure is a licker LOL. I suppose I should post some pics. The first is Julie, the second is Sebastian.

cranberry

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2759127
NEVER scold a mistreated dog!!! Ever! They have been through way too much.
You must think I'm a saint from above if you think I could ever get through 11 years with a high strung dog without scoulding them. If furry boyfriend tries to make off with a bag of chocolate chips as I'm putting away groceries, he's getting a "NO!".

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2759142
You must think I'm a saint from above if you think I could ever get through 11 years with a high strung dog without scoulding them. If furry boyfriend tries to make off with a bag of chocolate chips as I'm putting away groceries, he's getting a "NO!".
LOL well yes! Now your boyfriend should be at LEAST housebroken by now. Positive reinforcements! I am sure you can think of a treat