my newest addition/rescue

cranberry

Oh, you're going THAT far back...LOL. I sheltered him too much in the beginning..... he wasn't socialized enough because I was trying to protect him. Now he has a front yard where people stop to pet him (he would never have gone for that in the past) and 3 step kids to be tortured by. I always say, no matter how bad I screwed him up, he's loving his interactive senior years.... especially when the squirrels are playing in the yard.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/2759162
Oh, you're going THAT far back...LOL. I sheltered him too much in the beginning..... he wasn't socialized enough because I was trying to protect him. Now he has a front yard where people stop to pet him (he would never have gone for that in the past) and 3 step kids to be tortured by. I always say, no matter how bad I screwed him up, he's loving his interactive senior years.... especially when the squirrels are playing in the yard.
HAHA! hmmm... I won't comment on that

MichaelTX, what do you have to say about that?............Cranberry, are we talking about the dog or your boyfriend?

nordy

Mike, I love your new pup! So cute and he looks so happy and relaxed lying in your arms. Those ears! Nothing says warm and fuzzy like a dog! Especially a dog who has been rescued, put in a new home, and takes to his new family like it was always his. All a dog wants is some love, a little food, some love, a safe place to call home, a little more love and a new pack (family) to belong to. Sometimes the simple things are the very best things.
I have rescued 2 dogs over the years, one about 16 years ago who never seemed to forget that I rescued him and until the day he died, in my arms, at the age of 15 was the happiest most grateful and loving little dog!
My latest, who I got about 2 years ago, is also a happy, relaxed and confident gal who has forgotten all about those bad people who abandoned her. I am her person forever!

al mc

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
http:///forum/post/2758057
they now reside at the WC detention center for many charges including animal abuse although its a misdemenor here *until next election its up for vote to make it a felony charge* but the drug and weapons charges if they are convicted will give a minimum sentence of 8-12 years for each of them so I hope they throw the book at them on all the charges!!!
Mike
Unfortunately, people who do this 'graduate' from doing it dogs to doing it to kids/wives/husbands......someone break the key off in the lock of that jail cell

michaeltx

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2758564
So cute Mike!!! What have you named this one? Sissy looked mighty comfy in that last pic
I love cookie's smile
RIP even got in on the fun LOL. We need some new pics of Max though after he finishes enjoying the cooler weather, of course

I am glad the new lil cutie found a great home!! People kill me. Absolutely kill me. Both of my sister's Pomeranians were abused before she got them. I don't know how anyone can do that.
he doesnt have a name yet screech is what comes to mind though because if he cant see me and what I am doing he just lets out these horrid screeches LOL
I have to take some new ones of Max since all his hair has grown back out he needs another shaving but since its cooling off outside its not a good idea he loves to get shaved in the spring but throws a fit in the fall if I go to shave him.
sissy got a name change for some reason she wouldnt answer to it and the neighbor started calling her tinkerbell and she comes right away so she picked her own name LOL
mike

michaeltx

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2759204
HAHA! hmmm... I won't comment on that

MichaelTX, what do you have to say about that?............Cranberry, are we talking about the dog or your boyfriend?

actaully the worse thing you can do is oversheleter an abused dog even though its what we feel we should do it doesnt help getting over the problem and can cause long lasting effects of the abuse and actually re-enforces the negative problems that the dog has. Its a hard thing to seperate though and I am guilty of over protecting the abused dogs aswell its hard not to when you look into their eyes and see nothing but love back to you, makes you wander what the person could have thought was so bad they had to abuse them for.
Mike

michaeltx

Originally Posted by Nordy
http:///forum/post/2760026
Mike, I love your new pup! So cute and he looks so happy and relaxed lying in your arms. Those ears! Nothing says warm and fuzzy like a dog! Especially a dog who has been rescued, put in a new home, and takes to his new family like it was always his. All a dog wants is some love, a little food, some love, a safe place to call home, a little more love and a new pack (family) to belong to. Sometimes the simple things are the very best things.
I have rescued 2 dogs over the years, one about 16 years ago who never seemed to forget that I rescued him and until the day he died, in my arms, at the age of 15 was the happiest most grateful and loving little dog!
My latest, who I got about 2 years ago, is also a happy, relaxed and confident gal who has forgotten all about those bad people who abandoned her. I am her person forever!
yeah this one has definately fit right in and the other animals all seem to know and try to mother him when he starts to scream for me LOL I still cant beleive that someone would do something like that to him makes me sick to my stomach even thinking about it.
mike