my official frag tank build thread

reefkprz

tommorrow I have to partially drain the top tray and lift it to slide the rubber underneath as well as turn it around so the sterilite sticker is in the rear.
I have solved the problem of how to plumb the bottom tray which is lower than the sump.... its going to be a seperate system for quarantining corals and frags, it will have a uv sterilizer plumbed into it for use when/if needed there will be a 2 gallon "mini sump" to the side of it. I have a spare float switch so all three systems will have auto top off.
more pictures tommorrow afternoon

reefkprz

yup a total over 800 watts on the whole setup. 440w top level (55g) 220w second tier and 190w bottom tier
in such shallow frag tanks it should be more than sufficient for just about anything.

reefkprz

yeah the lowest wattage is on the bottom tier, the up wards from there.
I got the auto top off hooked up the other day. and placed more LR in the 30xhigh sump

reefkprz

you can see I need to add another set of legs or some cross bars to the shelf in the sump holding the skimmer I was hoping it would be fine the way it is but the sag will only get worse with time. I'll have to rectify that soon before it gets much worse.

reefkprz

put a spray bar in the 55g (bare bottom) blowing many jets accross the bottom of the tank to keep things from setteling, as you can see it kicked up some crud.
here is a full system shot
as you can see there is still sooooooo much work to be done.

reefkprz

once I get ready to do the final aqua scape on the 55 the spray bar is going to go behind the rock work instead of in the front of the tank.