My ORA Single-Dot Domino Clownfish wont host .

ivasawajin

i have a ORA Single-Dot Domino Clownfish for 3 days . i have a rose bubble anemone and a ritteri white blue tip anemone . but my clownfish wont host on any of them ?? can anyone help me >?

ivasawajin

yeah yeah yeah make jokes . i spend 110$ on the rose bubble and 250$ on the clownfish and now i'm hearing bad jokes about fishesh and hostses

rickross23

If you spent the money on the only premise that the anemone will host the clowns, that was a mistake. There are never any guarantees that the clowns will choose to associate with the anemone. 
Well stated. +1

ladyreefseeker

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvasawaJin http:///t/391817/my-ora-single-dot-domino-clownfish-wont-host#post_3476639
i have a ORA Single-Dot Domino Clownfish for 3 days . i have a rose bubble anemone and a ritteri white blue tip anemone . but my clownfish wont host on any of them ?? can anyone help me >?
It can take a few weeks for them to find the anemone and then instinct will kick in. I have a fail-proof trick that has worked every time for myself and customers. I know you said it is a 550 but if you can catch the clownfish and put it and the chosen anemone into a bucket with about 6 inches of water, the clownfish will go into the anemone. It is natural for them to want to hide and so they do, in the anemone. Keep them in the bucket for at least 15 minutes, then put them both back into the tank. You can encourage the bond by releasing the fish by net right into or next to the anemone.
If you try this, let us know how it goes. The hardest part by far will be catching the clownfish (assuming the anemone isn't attached to a 500lb rock at the bottom of the stack)
Good luck!

rickross23

It can take a few weeks for them to find the anemone and then instinct will kick in.  I have a fail-proof trick that has worked every time for myself and customers.  I know you said it is a 550 but if you can catch the clownfish and put it and the chosen anemone into a bucket with about 6 inches of water, the clownfish will go into the anemone.  It is natural for them to want to hide and so they do, in the anemone.   Keep them in the bucket for at least 15 minutes, then put them both back into the tank.  You can encourage the bond by releasing the fish by net right into or next to the anemone.
If you try this, let us know how it goes.  The hardest part by far will be catching the clownfish (assuming the anemone isn't attached to a 500lb rock at the bottom of the stack)
Good luck!  :jy:
Thats fail proof?

ladyreefseeker

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickross23 http:///t/391817/my-ora-single-dot-domino-clownfish-wont-host#post_3476888
Thats fail proof?
Has worked every time. Of course, it requires an anemone that is compatible. Rock anemones don't count. They have to be true clown anemones such as heteractis, long tentacle, bubble, etc... I have tested this at least 5 times myself and every customer or friend I have told to do so has been successful. -Mary-

rickross23

Isn't that stressful to the anemones? Isn't tagged stressful to the clowns being caught and thrown into a bucket?

ladyreefseeker

Administrator
Staff member
Clownfish are pretty tough, and it is a very short amount of time that they are in the bucket. Also, once they find the anemone, they become less stressed due to the protective edge, so in the end it is a better outcome stress wise. The anemone should be able to handle this as well.

2tangcrazy

I was reading somewhere that the person target fed near and on the anemone. Also if you will spotlight the anemone the clown fish will come near it. A rose bubbletip is a great host. It is a blast watching the interaction. Once they do accept it you may be disappointed in the fact that they stay in it most of the time.