My Queen Angel Just Arrived!!!

ccampbell57

She is currently acclimating to the QT tank. I will get pictures of her and post them today.
Pablo (the Clown trigger) is darting at the bad as it is floating...I am hoping this little guy stays in check.

angelman

Nice fish indeed.
If you want to play it safe, add the queen to a plastic container with holes in it for water to go through.
Place him behind a rock or two.
The aggressive guys will try to mess with the jar for a bit and then wear down.
Once they do, I have found the new guy can swim mostly hassle free.
You can always do it the other way also.
Place the aggressor in the container for a day or so.
Good luck.
Hope all works out with him.
They are truly beautiful.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
She is currently acclimating to the QT tank. I will get pictures of her and post them today.
Pablo (the Clown trigger) is darting at the bad as it is floating...I am hoping this little guy stays in check.
Pablo?....What happened to "Krusty"?
Where did you get the Queen? LFS? or internet?

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by AngelMan
Nice fish indeed.
If you want to play it safe, add the queen to a plastic container with holes in it for water to go through.
Place him behind a rock or two.
The aggressive guys will try to mess with the jar for a bit and then wear down.
Once they do, I have found the new guy can swim mostly hassle free.
You can always do it the other way also.
Place the aggressor in the container for a day or so.
Good luck.
Hope all works out with him.
They are truly beautiful.
I just put her in with the clown and he nipped at her for a few minutes and then all of a sudden they were buds. They are now following each other around the tank.
I like that I idea though Angel. If I find this to be an issue later, I will try that method

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
Pablo?....What happened to "Krusty"?
Where did you get the Queen? LFS? or internet?
HAHAHA! Well, my wife decided that Krusty wasnt as funny as I did, so with the fact that he was nipping at the bag with the angel in it, I decided to call him Pablo Escobar (aka. Bad ass mofo).
I got her online from SWF.com!! This is my third queen and we shall see if she makes it through the 6 week QT process.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by crimzy
Just out of curiosity, why is your clown trigger in QT?
He is brand new too (had him for 2 weeks)...I decided that I wanted 2 new fish in the 180 and needed to wait till I made the ultimate decision.
I was going to have a clown and a blueline trigger but then decided after doing some research that the blueline was going to be way too big.
The clown is in good health and will remain in the QT with the queen for 6 weeks.

crimzy

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
He is brand new too (had him for 2 weeks)...I decided that I wanted 2 new fish in the 180 and needed to wait till I made the ultimate decision.
I was going to have a clown and a blueline trigger but then decided after doing some research that the blueline was going to be way too big.
The clown is in good health and will remain in the QT with the queen for 6 weeks.
Sounds great... can't wait to see the pics.

R

regina13

I want to see pics!!!!! I love queens and that means you have my three favorite angels now!!! lol

ccampbell57

Ok I got some crude pics of Belle III. Here is a sequence.
First 3 are of her in acclimation and then just after placing in the QT tank. Notice the clown charging the bag in the second pic.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by 95Harley
Congrats on the New Queen of your tank! You'll love her.
Thanks Harley! I hope she gets along with the King (Achillies - my emperor)

crimzy

She looks awesome. I have to admit, though, that with your impressive assortment of angels, you avoided my 2 favorites... majestic and blueface. While I assume that you're finished adding angels, did you ever consider either of these?

R

regina13

She looks awesome. I have to admit, though, that with your impressive assortment of angels, you avoided my 2 favorites... majestic and blueface. While I assume that you're finished adding angels, did you ever consider either of these?
he has a blueface

crimzy

Originally Posted by regina13
he has a blueface
Really??? I thought he had a passer and emperor...

R

regina13

Really??? I thought he had a passer and emperor...
YEP!
You can look at his profile and it says blueface.