My Queen Angel Just Arrived!!!

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
Very nice! Could be a boy though....Why not name him Jim, or Bob... or Jim Bob?

Just kidding, looks great

Think you will pull the 2 out of QT together even though Krusty has a weeks head start?
Yeah for sure...from my past experience and what the experts say, once you add a new fish to the QT, the time clock starts over again.
Plus I will add them together in the big tank so that they have some familiar surroundings with the other fish.

ccampbell57

Hi Kevin - are you referring to the queen? If so, they get to 15". I have seen pictures of them in the wild this size, but in a home aquarium I have seen around 12.

R

regina13

six more weeks until your hippo tang gets ich because of new fish lol !!!!!

just kidding

Well, I hope it doesnt.....

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by regina13
six more weeks until your hippo tang gets ich because of new fish lol !!!!!

just kidding

Well, I hope it doesnt.....
Oh man...just saying that gives me chills. My tang gets ich when I mention the word. Seriously...it is disturbing.
I have taken this into consideration and am ready...I am thinking about taking her out when I put the new fish in and placing her in QT

hammerhed7

great looking queen
Did you buy it locally or order it? I have been considering a queen, but they are rarely available in my area.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by Hammerhed7
great looking queen
Did you buy it locally or order it? I have been considering a queen, but they are rarely available in my area.
I got it from SWF.com! I see them rarely in trade, and when they are available they are small. This one was a great catch (pun intended
)
You have to be quick to get these guys.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by Alex4286
wow thats a really cool looking fish
if only i had a bigger tank id get one of those for sure.
Thanks Alex4286 - this fish has been my nemisis since I got into saltwater. She is my third (hence the name Belle III).
I love they way the queens look with the coloration on the face and the beautiful streamers.
I am excited to watch her in the big tank.

ccampbell57

Update:
Had a crazy bout of ammonia spike for some crazy reason. So I transferred the fish to my 30 gallon QT and everything is better.
. I cured that with some AmQuel+ and the fish are fine.
Everyone is eating like pigs. Litterally, these guys eat more than I have ever seen. With the addition of the Blueline, my QT tank now feels very complete.
They are all getting along with the initial bought of the Clown trying to dominate the Blueline (costing the Clown a few scrapes from the blueline's tooth)
Believe it or not, the Blueline and the clown sleep together at night. Here are some updated pictures with my additional BlueLine trigger "Brutus".
"Brutus" the BlueLine Trigger
"Pablo Escobar" The Clown Trigger
"Belle" the Queen Angel

ccampbell57

Where was the ammonia spike? The big tank?

On the stupid QT Tank (thank god!!!)...I have been doing bi-daily water changes to the QT tank from the DT tank.

R

regina13

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
Update:
Had a crazy bout of ammonia spike for some crazy reason. So I transferred the fish to my 30 gallon QT and everything is better.
. I cured that with some AmQuel+ and the fish are fine.
Everyone is eating like pigs. Litterally, these guys eat more than I have ever seen. With the addition of the Blueline, my QT tank now feels very complete.
They are all getting along with the initial bought of the Clown trying to dominate the Blueline (costing the Clown a few scrapes from the blueline's tooth)
Believe it or not, the Blueline and the clown sleep together at night. Here are some updated pictures with my additional BlueLine trigger "Brutus".
"Brutus" the BlueLine Trigger
"Pablo Escobar" The Clown Trigger
"Belle" the Queen Angel

Nice! Love the name Brutus. Is there a reason you chose a blueline?

jc74

I loved the Queen Angel I used to have. I lost her and my coral beauty when my system crashed overnight.
They are a very friendly fish, and yes they eat a lot.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by regina13
Nice! Love the name Brutus. Is there a reason you chose a blueline?
I have always wanted one because of their coloration and shape. I also like the fact that they change (like my angels). Plus, there is not many that have them so I am more curious than anything. We shall see what happens.
Other than that, I wanted a crosshatch male, but didnt want to pay $500.

kjr_trig

Hey Campbell, do you know anything about the Yellowmargin Trigger? They always seem to have them in stock at SWF, I have never seen one at a LFS, and don't really know anything about them...Not the prettiest, but kind of cool looking.

Ammonia still ok?

ccampbell57

Hey Campbell, do you know anything about the Yellowmargin Trigger? They always seem to have them in stock at SWF, I have never seen one at a LFS, and don't really know anything about them...Not the prettiest, but kind of cool looking.

Ammonia still ok?
I don't know very much about the Yellowmargin, but from it's looks it shares a lot of characteristics with the Titan looks and otherwise. I found this on a google search "There are many species of triggerfish but the larger ones like titan triggers (common in Redang) and yellowmargin triggers are best avoided". There is a picture of the two side by side and they look very similar.
These guys get up to 24"! Also, in the wild these mean

[hr]
are as bad as the titan. There are numberous stories of this fish attacking divers.