My Reef at Five months!!!

sevenley

Wow! That sure is a beautiful tank!!! What kind of lights do you have on it?
Which tank is it? What size?
I am SO envious!

daceman89

Originally posted by sweetreef
another shot

Are those blue shrooms, Wow they look awsome. may be one day you can sell me one. by the way you tank rocks

sweetreef

tyvm for the replys my lighting is a hamilton 250x1 10k with 65x2pc act light!!Yes daceman they are blues they are growing like weeds here is a pic with a few new ones growing!!!

sweetreef

tyvm!!!!:D djnsocal yes i have and alot of reading and some help from this site as well to make it happen!!!

sweetreef

starting to loose my star polyps it spots do to the light not getting to them from my hairys shading them in spots not sure what i should do here is a pic a month ago are so..

sweetreef

and here is now you can see them on the bottem right side of tank look how they are going away where the light is not getting to them well i guess i could frag my hairys but as well they are stuck on my rocks...not sure really what to do...

sweetreef

same with toad it grown some as well and causing shading under it and i have a new one growing next to it now..

57chev

Nice work sweetreef! The only thing that would make that reef look better is if it was in my front room:yes: :yes:

lopeyc

Originally posted by sweetreef
close up of one of my clams and my b.t.a found his spot behind the clam..

THis is funny -- my b.t.a. went to the exact same place next to the exact same clam. He's really crowding it, but the clam so far (maybe 3-4 months) doesn't seem to mind. Should I (or you) worry?

cjeffrey77

Awesome tank sweetreef! I'm starting w/a 55 gal. myself, in the future prob after we buy our new house I want to change to prob. a 180gal. I only hope I can acheive something that looks like yours, it is so cool! By the way what kind of camera do you take your pic's with? I have an olympus, it takes great pic's normally but when I try taking pic's of my tank they never look very good, the colors are always different then what they actually are.

funkyman

I always like seeing pics of Sweet's tank.
Do you have any problems with corals not getting along with each other due to proximity?

S

savage21

That is the worst Reef tank i have ever seen
You should see mine in about a year or too maybe 3 or 4 it will blow that away

All phun aside very cool got more details on the system :thinking: equipment wise
SWEET TANK VERY SWEET
NICE TANK

sweetreef

close up of one of my clams and my b.t.a found his spot behind the clam.. Druluv i dont think there will be a problem just think of it as this how many corals clams etc are really stacked next to each other in the ocean!!B.t.a are reef safe and in the clam didnt like it it would detach its self from the rocks...