My shallow reef tank diary }(>')

salt210

Theres a lot of good looking tanks around these days. Missing the hobby and trying to get my wife to let me back in it

nissan577

The anthias :)     I love them
:) Ty mom
Theres a lot of good looking tanks around these days. Missing the hobby and trying to get my wife to let me back in ityou should! Ill sell you my tank!!!

nissan577

Looks amazing, how come you switched back to t5s and no more leds?? Been trying to sweet talk hubby into leds...Hey your back!! Lol well I got the t5/HQI combo. Idk for some reason all my acans and Lps started dying with the LEDs. And the same thing happened to my buddy in west palm beach. He switch out and went to t5 and I went to HQI and I must say great decision!! I miss the growing and the stuff not dying :)

gemmy

Amazing looking tank!!! Weird about the LED's. I could not grow SPS, acans, or chalices with my halide setup. Now, I am having a TON of success.

nissan577

Amazing looking tank!!! Weird about the LED's. I could not grow SPS, acans, or chalices with my halide setup. Now, I am having a TON of success.Lol woah! Congrats!! I guess every tank is different lol

spanko

Looks good Carlos. I have found that the growth of my SPS has significantly slowed with the AI LED setup, not fragging nearly as much as I used to. Still have growth don't get me wrong, just slowed down. This is good for me in the smaller tank.

nissan577

Looks good Carlos. I have found that the growth of my SPS has significantly slowed with the AI LED setup, not fragging nearly as much as I used to. Still have growth don't get me wrong, just slowed down. This is good for me in the smaller tank.
Henry has arrived!! :) lol thanks Henry, the LEDs didn't work it ended up killing than growing and the same for my buddy. That's awesome that ur getting growth! Atleast your getting something out of it lol

spanko

Ha Ha my friend getting a lot out of it. Electricity costs down. Ability to control intensity over the course of the day simulating sunrise, midday sun intensity, sunset, moon phases even some lightning storms. Nice florescence of the coral, polyp extension etc. etc.
It is like you said though there are many things that go into keeping a marine aquarium and all of them seem to require some variations on a theme.

nissan577

Ha Ha my friend getting a lot out of it. Electricity costs down. Ability to control intensity over the course of the day simulating sunrise, midday sun intensity, sunset, moon phases even some lightning storms. Nice florescence of the coral, polyp extension etc. etc.
It is like you said though there are many things that go into keeping a marine aquarium and all of them seem to require some variations on a theme.
I agree. I honestly miss the LEDs for the lack of heat with the HQI it's like I'm at the beach! Hopefully the fan will help alot. Also do you have a video of your tank?

salt210

:) Ty mom
you should! Ill sell you my tank!!!Since I was forced to sell the tank theres been alot of changes. Including a baby addition to the fam. Ive been talking to her about it for awhile, but shes afraid Ill go crazy again Im guessing