MY TANK DIARY...56k beware lots of pictures

aquaguy24

nice tank and awesome sun coral.. adds great color to ur tank.. i want to start adding corals too but my tanks been only set up for three weeks.. i just have cleaner crew now..how long untill u added ur first coral..

spanko

Tank looks good. You are however pushing the envelope having all of that, especially the LTA in a one month old tank. Be very careful.

Originally Posted by spanko
Tank looks good. You are however pushing the envelope having all of that, especially the LTA in a one month old tank. Be very careful.
not flaming u but do u even see the LTA ?? and who said my tank is a month old??
look at my pics they all have dates on them

Originally Posted by aquaguy24
nice tank and awesome sun coral.. adds great color to ur tank.. i want to start adding corals too but my tanks been only set up for three weeks.. i just have cleaner crew now..how long untill u added ur first coral..
as soon as my tank got done cycling i added some zoos and mushrooms. so about 2 weeks after i put my tank together

spanko

Sorry. A little ove r2 months old. You are right I should have looked at the dates.
As for the LTA I have read in numerous places that an anemone should not be introduced until 6 months down the road. I am just trying to alert you to the fact that you are going to have to keep a close eye on your water husbandry and lighting to enure success.
There are many success stories from people that are doing exactly as you have done and I wish you success with your LTA.
Tank is looking very good.

Originally Posted by NixIs
Wow your tank looks really nice. I love all the pictures Great job :cheer:

thank you ill post more pix later on. i bought more lr and 2 nassarius and 1 spotted mandarin

You might be pushing the mandarin a bit early as your tank need time to build up an abundance of copepods. They say you can get them to eat live brine, but from what I hear it's not an easy task.

yea i have a corner in my tank with caulerpa growing hopefully it will help copepods hide and grow there. also i saw it nible on some brine. hopeflly it will continue that

nigerbang

Good luck with the mand.. I think you are going o learn the hard way about stocking a tank to fast though.

Originally Posted by SJgsm
ooooooohhpeter have you ever been to King Aquarium off of Story road and Mclaughlin ave?
yea i go there all the time i buy my water there. i also go to the one in sunnyvale i forget the name but its by the sunnyvale mall . they have great fish and inverts also some corals really nice stuff

sjgsm

Originally Posted by ooooooohhpeter
yea i go there all the time i buy my water there. i also go to the one in sunnyvale i forget the name but its by the sunnyvale mall . they have great fish and inverts also some corals really nice stuff
Letme know the name/address for the one in sunnyvale if you can. I've been meaning to find another place to find some stock.