my tank not full yet

nemo1984

this are pictures of my 75 gal tank ive had it for about 4 months now still working on it i have 1 salfin tang, 1 maroon gold stripe clownfish and i velvet damsel,2 coral banded shrimps 6 hermit crabs, and 10 turbo snails . what do you think i been doing so far?

kpk

Looking good I like the open rockwork/aquascape. Lot better than my rockwall, lol. Are you doing a reef or FO? If reef you may wanna check to make sure your star is reef safe. Good luck with the maturing of your tank...

crox

You might want to add more water......it looks like you are missing 4-5 g of water. Also add some more LR........the more the better.

nemo1984

YEah your right about the more the better on lr but its pretty expensive so im starting out little by little not wanna rush into so quick. It will shoc my wallet. And what i have on top of my light were goldfish for my eel, which i have in a separate tank.

nemo1984

Originally Posted by ssjkakarot
nice pics I like the clown nice color. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work

thanks. quick question is there people in here that could get mean on here right

crox

Originally Posted by nemo1984
thanks. quick question is there people in here that could get mean on here right

I am NOT trying to be mean. You asked for how is your tank doing and I was giving you some suggestions.

crox

Originally Posted by nemo1984
YEah your right about the more the better on lr but its pretty expensive so im starting out little by little not wanna rush into so quick. It will shoc my wallet. And what i have on top of my light were goldfish for my eel, which i have in a separate tank.

And you shouldn't feed your eel goldfishes!!

jayc

Lookin good!!
Have you checked into base rock? Its alot cheaper, and in a couple of month's will be lr.
-Josh

triga22

Yea.. Goldfish rnt good for any saltwater.. I heard for lions they give them stomach and liver problems..

crox

Originally Posted by king4345
Don't worry Crox, seems that everything goes personal with this member.

That is what it looks like.

maelv

Well IMO...which no body asked, but going to give it anyhow...LOL...all this is constructive criticism....when I start throwing things in my tank I will start asking questions and expecting (which should go unsaid, in a forum with aquatic enthusiasts) feedback and how I can improve my tank. That being said..there are others that go a little overboard with calling us newbies idiots, stupid, jerks, etc. As if they were born with a set of gills behind their ears and were never beginners. The way I am going to avoid comments like that, simple....REASEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH.....and thus far, I have found this site to be great for info.
So Nemo1984, lighten up with comments and suggestions you get (if indeed it upset you) from this site, there are tons of knowledgeable people on here...run with the suggestions you like, discard the rest.

nemo1984

ok sorry about the last post i put up but it was just a question i didnt meant for anyone in this thread it was about some other thread.

nemo1984

Originally Posted by JayC
Lookin good!!
Have you checked into base rock? Its alot cheaper, and in a couple of month's will be lr.
-Josh

no ive nevef heard of that, what is that, and where can i find it?

nemo1984

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Yea.. Goldfish rnt good for any saltwater.. I heard for lions they give them stomach and liver problems..

so what can i give my eel?