My tank

ajroc31

So I moved into the new house about 2 years ago. Set up the tank in Jan of '09 and did not really care much for it. Everything that you are not to do, I did. Soon problems came, the tank looked like crap, diseases killed of my fish and so on. This March, I have decided that enough is enough. Started regular water changes, cleaned lots of the algea out, changed my routine, and so on. Still have some hair in spots in the tank, but nothing significant, and of course the curse of all curses, the flat worms, which are terribly hard to get rid off. But, here are some of the pics of my tank. If you notice something that is not ok, please feel free to point it out.

J

jstdv8

I'm liking those blue shrooms.
Kudo';s to you for giving it another more polished try after failing at first.
Have you tried flatworm exit?

ajroc31

Thanks. I am afraid to use it. Eventually I think I will, but I will need to set it up with daily vacuuming, those things hie everywhere, and I would hate to lose anything in the tank.

ajroc31

BTW, is this is a lord acan, as far as I have seen pics, and been told it is, but it just does not sit right with me:

meowzer

Tank looks great....what size is it? What is that in pice #5 of post 1?
Have you ever thought of a wrasse? 6lines, and some other reef safe wrasses eat flat worms (I think)

ajroc31

Thanks. Its a 125, but when I look at others tanks, I am really disappointed at mine. One thing to all you youngers out there, do not let tank go, it costs too much money and time to get it back in shape. The pic # 5 is an orange crush acan, my baby. The picture does not do it justice. My LFS is selling acan frags for 10$, so I got three different once, really cool corals. I have a six line, but I would need an army of them to get rid of the flatworms I have. I vacuum them out once a week, but an hour later, it looks as if I did not do a darn thing. Eventually I will try velvet nudi branch again, vacuuming and then flatworm exit, but its a process, probably this summer, will have enough time.

ajroc31

Terrible pic, but its my Royal Gramma is protecting his cave from the lawnmower blenny Lenny (his nemesis). One time he dared to go into his cave, I was convinced it would be the end of him.