Name The Fish You Can't Seem To Keep

The 1 fish that you have tried and maybee tried again to keep but they just don't last.
For me it was Bi Color Angels...over the years have tried them 3 times..and they never lasted more than a month.
IDK

crypt keeper

I have heard that Bi colors are not nearly as hardy as the other pygmy angels. I have yet to try one. I have had sucess with most fish except my one and only try on a flame angel.

ca161406

I lost a Bicolor that wouldn't eat. had it about 3 weeks before it went :/
also i cant keep damsels. ive had 5 or 6 in the past, 3 got eaten and 2 have died for some other reason that idk.

bill109

Originally Posted by ca161406
http:///forum/post/3024659
I lost a Bicolor that wouldn't eat. had it about 3 weeks before it went :/
also i cant keep damsels. ive had 5 or 6 in the past, 3 got eaten and 2 have died for some other reason that idk.
something is eating mine to.
i have lost damsels and chromis for who knows what reaosn..
anything small wontt last in my tank

errattiq

I had 3 green chromis' disappear over the course of 2 months. I have 3 clowns a hippo tang and a yellow tang. They didnt jump, and they were NOWHERE to be found. I have no clue till this day what happened to them, if it was water quality I'm sure my tangs would have been the first to go but my tangs are healthy and strong a year later.....

small triggers

Expensive fish,,,
yep cant keep any of them alive,, anything over $75 dies in my tank.. I dont know if its the cheap triggers getting annoyed at the others' price tag or what,,

ca161406

Originally Posted by bill109
http:///forum/post/3024694
something is eating mine to.
i have lost damsels and chromis for who knows what reaosn..
anything small wontt last in my tank
whats funny is i got a small skunk clown thats doing fine.
he can swim right up with my humu and nothing happens.
although my eel did bit his face when i first put it in the tank causing a bad case of pop eye lol.
all is well now

I've tried clown triggers 4 times... twice it got killed by my undy... another by my dog faced... then last bu not leat by me... had ich set up a quick qt with water from main tank and rock... next day dead from ammonia spike... also love clown tangs tried twice with no success

Kelloggi seahorses .I have h.northern erectus , h. reidies , and h. zoestrae [ dwarves] , my oldest being almost 5 years now, but can't keep a kelloggi more than 6 months

sweetstar64

I have had no luck with long horn cowfish first one lasted a couple of months the second time I tried only about a week

cabin7882

I've tried a mandarin twice and never lasted more than 6 months :( never trying again...too pretty of a fish to kill for no good reason!

taz5

Have lost 4 Yellow tangs and have given up.
Had a 6 inch Lunae wrasspe in tank for 5 months until I put a clown trigger in the tank and within 4 months the Lunae wrasspe disappeared (no remains to be found and did not jump out).

dragonboy

Powder Blue and Achilles tang they always die on me oh and also Yellow too for some reason. I had already lost two Yellow's so far I have great success with angels it seem like angels are more hardy for me than tangs are.

sarahg

Copper Banded Butterfly. Had 2 go on hunger strikes, would not eat anything (bought them live brine shrimp, coral, nothing worked). When i got one that would eat well, we lost power and the tank went bad. WE now have a large generator for backup. :)

flower

Flame angel...I have bought two and each time paid over $100.00 I give up. They sure are pretty and they stay small..That gorgeous red. (Heavy sigh)
Everything else in my tank does great.

I have sponges now, so an angel is no longer even an option. Like I said...I gave up trying to keep one.

yearofthenick

Copperband butterfly - had two die on me. They only do well in huge aquariums. I had one in my 34g and it just didn't like it. Went feet-up.

flower

Originally Posted by YearOfTheNick
http:///forum/post/3035257
Copperband butterfly - had two die on me. They only do well in huge aquariums. I had one in my 34g and it just didn't like it. Went feet-up.
LOL FEET UP!
My last copperband got stung to death by my anemone.
I decided to not purchase anymore fish until he moved, so I can move it to a better tank, like all the way to the LFS.

zshain012

For some reason I can't keep gobies. They are supposed to be hardy. I've had a green banded, green, and a yellow goby. All of them died.

I have had two different fish just dissappear on me. A yellowtail damsel just a few weeks ago and a purple psuedochromis. Both such beautiful fish. And I just woke up in the morning and say ''Where is the little fishy?'' Didn't jump and no remains whatsoever. Freaky stuff. And I thought it was only me. LOL